Molly The Viking - Interior almost finished

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MOLLYTHEVIKING
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Molly The Viking - Starting to take shape

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Thanks guys. Still a LONG way to go! The list seems endless at the moment :)

MOLLYTHEVIKING

Re: Molly The Viking - Starting to take shape

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Molly has been pushed aside a lot recently to make time for family life but I am back on it at the moment. The interior is 90% there now, just need to connect the appliances back up. The old wardrobe and overhead cupboard can wait for now as I don't want it off the road any longer.....

Also cutting a lift up access flap in the worktop tonight so I can use the unit below for more storage.....

CJH
80-90 Mem No: 12576

Re: Molly The Viking - Interior almost finished

Post by CJH »

That looks fantastic - really smart job, and in keeping with the original layout and look. I'm intrigued by that cutout where the drop down flap used to be. If you're planning to keep it that way that's an interesting idea, as the flap in the original design is difficult to open fully when the bed's out. And what did you do behind there in the end? Did you keep the on board water tank, or did you make use of that space for storage?

If you're planning eventually to make a new wardrobe and overhead locker, I'll also be interested in your old ones :wink:
"I'm a man of means, by no means....King of the Road!"

1983 Viking Xplorer, 2.1DJ

MOLLYTHEVIKING

Re: Molly The Viking - Interior almost finished

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Thanks Buddy,

I too thought that the little flap door was a bit of a pain. This is just a shallow box screwed behind the opening. Thought it would be handy for the kids and also for phones etc when we are using the bed. I am cutting a lift up flap in the worktop today so that I can use that entire unit for storage. was thinking for bedding etc.

My old units are all here should you want them. We may keep the lift out hob though in case we ever want to cook outdoors but everything else is here. I will hopefully get on with the wardrobe in a few months time, as i don't want any more delays at the moment :) so you are welcome to that also when its done. The rear door and panel behind the back window are in a fairly bad way, it looks like they have been burnt by the sun!

Now I just need to try and get the outside looking as good.....