cutting the floor on a t25 to get at the fuel tank sender

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

eightball
80-90 Mem No: 3351

cutting the floor on a t25 to get at the fuel tank sender

Post by eightball »

anyone know where to cut a hole in floor to get at fuel sender unit, iv done it in the past with a baywindow van and it was easy and im guessing it is just behind the drivers seat(mines a 81 left hand drive diesel van)

it would just make it easyer if someone had done it b4 and could put a pic?drawing up so i know for dead sure b4 i go mental with the drill n jigsaw lol

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

Post by wasserleaker »

Bit drastic ain't it Eightball, cutting a hole in ya floor? don't think removing the tank to get at your sender should be that tricky, plus you might spot other little jobs that could need doing like crumbly old fuel hoses etc. :)
reminds me of a beetle my dad once had which some plonker had cut a large section of the transmission tunnel out of to make changing the clutch cable easier! then taped it back on and covered it up! really :shock:

andysimpson
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by andysimpson »

wasserleaker wrote:Bit drastic ain't it Eightball, cutting a hole in ya floor? don't think removing the tank to get at your sender should be that tricky, plus you might spot other little jobs that could need doing like crumbly old fuel hoses etc. :)
reminds me of a beetle my dad once had which some plonker had cut a large section of the transmission tunnel out of to make changing the clutch cable easier! then taped it back on and covered it up! really :shock:

This is what even vw dealers did with bays, otherwise it was engine out first and then tank, it was a flat panel and very easy to measure where to cut.

On a t3 its not a huge job to pull the tank out.

eightball

Post by eightball »

wasserleaker wrote:Bit drastic ain't it Eightball, cutting a hole in ya floor? don't think removing the tank to get at your sender should be that tricky, plus you might spot other little jobs that could need doing like crumbly old fuel hoses etc. :)

yer it is a bit drastic but i was going to make a proper flap with a seal that hinged up so it look as if vw had done it lol
but i have decided to take the tank out as i wont hav any probs because the van is like brand new i looked underneath n on the outrigger it still had the vag sticker on it and iv yet to find any rust on it anywhere and its never been welded so it should com out as if vw had just put it in (famous last words lol)

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

Post by wasserleaker »

Nice one, Eightball, sounds like you've bought a well looked after bus! always nicer to work on things when bolts don't break off cos they're rusted together, or everythings gunked up with crud :)

eightball

Post by eightball »

wasserleaker wrote:Nice one, Eightball, sounds like you've bought a well looked after bus! always nicer to work on things when bolts don't break off cos they're rusted together, or everythings gunked up with crud :)
yer it will make a change seeing a bolt come out in one piece with all its corners on lol i might have to scratch my knuckle so i feel at home like when the spanner lets slip at full force onto the only shape edge on the entire vw lol