MAD workshop - votes of confidence?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Jamie25
80-90 Mem No: 2590

MAD workshop - votes of confidence?

Post by Jamie25 »

As my van just failed it's MOT cause of rot at the front of the rear arches, it's time to put my hand in my pocket and have the multitude of panels replaced/sorted that I should've done a good time ago.

Having had a bit of a search around and popped into a few restorers vauguely local to me, I'm leaning towards going with MAD workshop in Bristol. I don't have the time/skill/space/patience to do the work myself, but I'm thinking of getting the bodywork done and primed and then finishing off the rustolium paint that I started all to long ago.

Has anyone had any work done by MAD or heard anything about them. Seem to get a few good reviews on line elsewhere and their workshop was certainly busy but a search on here yeilds no results!

Cheers folks, Jamie.
I'm sure that rust wasn't there last week! Rust blue slowly going yellow panel by panel - And five years later, Orange!

Jamie25

Re: MAD workshop - votes of confidence?

Post by Jamie25 »

I guess that's a no then!
I'm sure that rust wasn't there last week! Rust blue slowly going yellow panel by panel - And five years later, Orange!

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

Ask to examples of their work and works in progress.
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

Jamie25

Post by Jamie25 »

Folk recommend that and its a good idea. Having said that I'd be more interested to see work they'd done a year or two ago. The place in question deal more with interior conversions of T4s and T5s now and admit they have done any T25 body work in a while. Seem very genuine though so I'm fairly confident all will be okay. Did check out a couple of other places and would have gone with two of them, the deciding factor being Mad could get me in sooner. Seen a few good reviews and nothing bad about them.