Trefalen Farm, Pembrokeshire

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Cyncoedgirl

Trefalen Farm, Pembrokeshire

Post by Cyncoedgirl »

Hi, I'm Addi-camper and I've been lurking for ages. My lovely new owners have just taken me on my first camping holiday and what fun we had.

We headed to Trefalen Farm campsite, near Bosherston in Pembrokeshire (if you search 'Bosherston, Pembs' on Google maps you'll see it marked just by the sea) what a stunning location. Site wasn't anything special, loos and a cold tap but the scenery was amazing, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce Addi-camper and say hi to you all :)

A tiny cove, about 10 yards from the bottom 'camper van and tent only field'. It disappeared when the tide was in, and it was a hands and feet climb down, but well worth it the kids had a ball.

Take the other exit from the site and you have Broad haven Beach, this is the view out to Church Rock

We took a hike across the miles of sand dunes and came out at the top of the beach right where there's a freshwater river coming out onto the beach (much enjoyed by both kids and dogs)

Carry on up the river and you come to Bosherston Lily Ponds, miles of gorgeous sand dunes, lily ponds and gorgeous scenery.

Obligatory beach fire on the way back, it was around midnight when we got home that night.

Meet Addi-camper, our 1984 autosleeper

And how to do stress free camping (convince the kids that washing up is fun!)

Hope you enjoy the pics :D
1984 T25 Autosleeper
http://www.campervanadventures.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://darkenedwealthmedia.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

psychonaut
80-90 Mem No: 6751

Re: Trefalen Farm, Pembrokeshire

Post by psychonaut »

Nice pics, good to see another Taff (and another Autosleeper!!) here. There's a few of us from the capital here already :ok
"There are many paths to redemption.
Not all of them are peaceful...."

Click here for some Visionary 'Nauts.....

For more unchartered heights of disgrace just ring 07872 069462

Cyncoedgirl

Post by Cyncoedgirl »

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know everyone :D
1984 T25 Autosleeper
http://www.campervanadventures.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://darkenedwealthmedia.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

android
80-90 Mem No: 5179

Post by android »

ooo nice we're going pembrokeshire end of the month...will definitely have a look at this camp site thanks for posting:D
welcome to the club :ok
1985 water cooled 1.9df

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

welcome in. what a country we have. :ok
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

custard
80-90 Mem No: 6526

Post by custard »

Hi Cyncoedgirl
Here is a post I put on the forum last August

"We have just got back from a fantastic week in Pembrokeshire and thought it would be good to post a recommedation for the site and the village where we stayed. I found the spot on Google Earth - just scanned down the Pembrokeshire coast and spotted a few good beaches, after a call to the local pub, the St Govans Inn, they gave me a tel no for the site. It is just a field with a water tap - nothing else! But it is in the village of Bosherton, the most pretty village you could wish for. It is part of the Stackpole estate owned by the National Trust and consists of pub, cafe, little shop and picturesque church. There is a clean toilet block a minutes walk away at the entrance to the beautiful lily ponds which if walked around (about 1.6 mile) brings you to the most fantastic beach. This can also be accessed by road (along with others in the area), lovely sand and clear blue sea. The site is owned by Melanie Baissevain and is alongside The Old Rectory she charges £3 a night and the Tel No is 01646 661787 - Well worth a look!!"

I can't agree with you more, we visited Bosherton, and the beaches you pictured last year. We are off to Pembrokeshire again for a weeks hols on Saturday. I'm just hoping it is as beautiful as the area we both visited. Welcome to the club! I will post my findings when we get home. We are heading to a little village called Druidston and hope it is as lovely as the Bosherton area and hope we get the weather it looks like you had on your recent visit.
Max (Custard)

Cyncoedgirl

Post by Cyncoedgirl »

That's exactly what we did. Someone told me about St Govan's chapel so we looked on Google earth, spotted the site, which was listed as Trefalen Farm. Couldn't believe how lucky we were just to find such a lovely site on the map with no recommendations.

The site really is as basic as they come, but it's worth it just for the surroundings! The fresh eggs are lovely from the pub too 8)
1984 T25 Autosleeper

ttcharlie
80-90 Mem No: 3706

Post by ttcharlie »

I camped at the site last summer and it was a great place.

I know that area well as I grew up in the next village along the coast, Freshwater East. Its also worth having a look at Portclew farm in Freshwater East, as its a good site but can be a bit wind swept.
Counting Bricks........

taffster
80-90 Mem No: 8422

Post by taffster »

Fantastic pictures and what a beautiful part of the country. :lol:

rainman
80-90 Mem No: 4142

Post by rainman »

Awesome, will make a note of that campsite for future reference.
1983 2L a/c CU homebrew (ex-Autohomes Kamper)