mildew inside poptop

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

"WEAZLECHIN"
80-90 Mem No: 0

mildew inside poptop

Post by "WEAZLECHIN" »

my westy has been off the road for a millenia and black mildew has stained the ceiling, does antone know of a cleaning agent that will remove said ming?? the ceiling isnt cloth its a hard surface with what i can only describe as very fine hairlike stuff to combat condensation. if youve got a westy youll know what i mean.

missusjen

Post by missusjen »

A weak solution of milton fluid or another steriliser (do you have something for your water tank already?) can often bring off mildew, reduce the staining, and shouldn't bleach your fabric too much - but test an area first, rinse well to avoid further bleaching, and dry it out thoroughly.....

Otherwise there are things you can buy that claim to remove mildew, but they're mostly for solid surfaces, and might maybe melt your glue.....

"HEY, LOOK AT MY CAR"

I bid you farewell.......for now.......

purpletony
80-90 Mem No: 753

Post by purpletony »

the finish is called flock
try oxiclean it will probably work
Le Purpleone
with posh wheels
member 753

Kermit
80-90 Mem No: 1211

Post by Kermit »

Weazlechin,

sorry to change the subject...how did you get on with the diesel pump???

Kerr

"WEAZLECHIN"

Post by "WEAZLECHIN" »

thanks tony, missed your call though.....
hi kermit, yeah all seemed well except for pump timing, so i recovered it to a mechanic called diesel dave!! supposed to be good with derv, what a wenker..... hes had it 3 weeks every time i go up theres some bullshirt excuse. now hes gone to poland with the speedway team, and im off to cyprus for 2 weeks tuesday so that makes it 5 weeks!!! i really get THAT feeling everytime i think about it. do you know where the timing marks are ? i will do it myself or do i need to use that dti guage thing to confuse matters??????????????????????????????????

Kermit
80-90 Mem No: 1211

Post by Kermit »

ermm, must be frustrating...

The scientific way is with the DTI after getting all the pullies lined up (crank,cam and pump)

The unscientific way would be to mark the position of the pump where it is now, then slightly rotate the pump clockwise / anti-clockwise and see if starts.

What pump did you use in the end? did you sort out which cables to use?

Kerr

"WEAZLECHIN"

Post by "WEAZLECHIN" »

well, DIESEL DAVE (wenker) phoned his pal about the wires and he rockons you just need to smash the immobiliser off and connect the solenoid under it to ignition, he rockons hes lined up the pulleys and got fuel through, but do i believe anything he says??????? oh and my BRAND NEW starter motor is now knackered he tells me, do you get the feeling i am slightly annoyed. only slightly mind!!

ps do you know any hitmen?