women need help?

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ladyeleanor
80-90 Mem No: 2593

women need help?

Post by ladyeleanor »

Now we're desperate, we need someone who knows what they are doing with this thing, bought it, can't use it.
Without going into detail my other half is suffering from cancer and had a crap year last year after diagnosis, we love camping so thought we'd buy a bus, bought the bus but can't use the bloody thing! They saw two women coming!

We need a bloke who knows what he is doing and won't rob us off.

Needed in the Plymouth area asap. Yes tried the local garages but saw two women coming, ching ching ching!

Dad hasn't got a clue and we can't find Trev who used to run alive and dubbing who worked on our last bus.

Ok, we're both on our knees now... We need some seats fitting, master cyclinder on clutch needs replacing, exhaust gasket manifold needs replacing and body work needs attention.

Any help appreciated. It's drivable so i can come to you but dunno how safe it is.

Ali and Steph.
You can get me on 07725 224578 if needed.
Thanks for looking.

Horza
80-90 Mem No: 1123

Post by Horza »

And breathe and relax!

There are a few owners in your area on the site but they may just have up and gone camping for the weekend.

None of the stuff you mentioned is beyond doing, either with the people you have or some outside help. When everyone shows up on Monday or so I'm sure you'll get some pointers even if it is to your local Aircooled garage.

There is an excellent description of how to replace the master cylinder on this page, read it. Read the stuff on the Wiki. Buy a haynes or other manual and read some of that. Even if you never touch a spanner in anger it will at least give you an idea of what mechanics are on about and allow you to point the the general direction of the bits you need fixed.

It'll be allright!!
Euan

Economic migrant, cultural extremist and religious bigot.

Cate
80-90 Mem No: 1024
Location: Here & there on the Isle of Wight. 80-90 1024, sync 22, Goon.

Post by Cate »

Come on girls, get yourselves some overalls and get those spanners spinning, there are several on here that do, (even if we do need the fellas to shift those damn hard to undo bolts) you'll be so pleased that you have managed to do it yourself. Although I have to admit there are a lot of things that I'm too scared to do without a responsible adult around to advise.
Best of luck with your search anyway.
Me!
..and here's the twist...I don't exist....

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

have a go at the bits you think you can do - body work is what I am upto at the moment - getting pretty good with the wet and dry, wire brush and filler!!

Have been lucky enough to find an excellent, reasonable, welder, who will do a little at a time, when spare funds allow. Until then, tis the fibre glass filler...

Yes, the first couple of places you will do may look like a 3 yr old with playdoh, but I am definitely getting better. And there is alot of satisfaction in doing it myself, i find

all the best - you will get there.

Best wishes to you both
Emma

Ivorblueun
80-90 Mem No: 1407

Post by Ivorblueun »

you've got pm
Stu

mine was a blue 89 Td Hitop