T25 Suspension lift

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Bugboyfox

T25 Suspension lift

Post by Bugboyfox »

Can anyone help me out? I would like to lift the suspension on my 2wd T25, but have been told that syncro bits won't work as the springs on a syncro are actually shorter!
Does anyone know of a lift kit, or will I have to fabricate some spacers for the springs?
Thanks for your help
Dave

Ivorblueun
80-90 Mem No: 1407

Post by Ivorblueun »

the springs have the same part numbers in ETKA, are you actually trying to increase the ride height or are you carrying lot of weight and the old girls sitting a bit low?
Stu

mine was a blue 89 Td Hitop

Bugboyfox

Post by Bugboyfox »

I'm trying to increase the ride height. I know it's never going to be as tall as a Syncro, but I would like to fit 15" steels with off road tyres to give it the Syncro look. The sensible ones among you will be thinking "Sell it and buy a Syncro then!" But I'm kind of attached to my van, and more importantly I can't afford a Syncro right now.

Russel
80-90 Mem No: 1052

Post by Russel »

Syncro rear spring are longer and can be forced in place but will bottom out ure dampers and drive shafts(to short)The front on a syncro are shorter so wont do.
Henning at syncro services(Germany) do a front and rear spacer kit that may do u.

Bugboyfox

Post by Bugboyfox »

I'll look into that, thanks very much Russell. :D