SCORPIO SEAT

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

steve o

SCORPIO SEAT

Post by steve o »

Been offerd a pair of granada scorpio seats,anybody fitted them
in their van? how easy? any pics,
thanks
steve.o

andisnewsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 3311

Post by andisnewsyncro »

We've got a pair in ours, very old, worn and scruffy looking but very comfy. Think old leather Chesterfield sofas in a gentlemans club style.

Drove down to Almeria from Nottingham in 3 days last December and no aches or pains.

The bloke I got them off had already had them in his van though and welded a set of runners on the base so they just slid in no probs.

So "sorry" I'm guessing that's not much use to you really! :D

dickspanner
80-90 Mem No: 4641

Post by dickspanner »

I have fitted two pairs into both my T25s and also into my T4 as the seats are extremly comfy and if you wire all the electrics up they are pretty cool.

I have been through all the hassle of working out how to fit them and it is quite easy if you have access to other seats as I found the easiest way is as follows:

First, you need to remove the existing runners from the T25 by removing the top part (if not already off with the old seat), drill the spot welds out and remove the bottom part of the bracket from the T25 shell.

I used a set of runners off another seat as the scorpio ones are quite tall.

I used some from a rover set of seats as there runners are only about 12mm tall. These need to be bolted to the underside of the scorpio seats and then onto the chassis of the T25.

It is a bit of hassle but really worth it as the seats are low, wide and comfy.

I will post some pictures of an installed seat if required when I next go to my lockup.

Dickspanner
Crewwy now running a 2.9litre 24V V6 Injection Cosworth motor.Oh the Joy. Happy Happy Joy Joy. Mmmmmmmmm

0 to loud with a big grin

Member number 4641

D I C K Spanner

syncrodoug
80-90 Mem No: 1053

Post by syncrodoug »

Is there any change in seat height - is your head closer to or further from the roof lining?
Doug
80-90: 1053
Syncronauts: 15
T3 Syncro DOKA (makeover nearly finished)
T4 Syncro LWB Panel Van - now departed
T3 Syncro SIKA - deciding whether it's for the chop or worth saving

steve o

SCORPIO SEAT

Post by steve o »

HI
pics if you will,
many thanks
steve.o

dickspanner
80-90 Mem No: 4641

Post by dickspanner »

Steve,

I am hoping to go to my lock up tonight as I am still finishing off the underside of crewcab, I will try and take some piccies of interior but means lowering it down from ramp etc, so not promising any pics tonight but will see what I can do fella.

Here is a couple of previous piccies of my current crewcab with scorpio seats in front and mr2 seats in rear

[img:800:600]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103 ... CF3127.jpg[/img]

[img:800:600]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103 ... CF3128.jpg[/img]

I am 6'5" and when in the seat do not touch the head lining, I have wired the recline motors into my seat but removed forwards/backwards and up/down motors due to space etc. It could be done but I just could not be bothered at this moment in time, maybe it will be a mod in the future as I have kept all the mecks and can easily undo the work I have done to make the seats fit at present.

Dickspanner
Crewwy now running a 2.9litre 24V V6 Injection Cosworth motor.Oh the Joy. Happy Happy Joy Joy. Mmmmmmmmm

0 to loud with a big grin

Member number 4641

D I C K Spanner

wackos00
80-90 Mem No: 4231

Post by wackos00 »

I have fitted the new style scorpio seat in the front and the rear seats in the back, I will soon be putting photos up of my full conversion so you guys can see it all, Jack
1982 2l Aircooled bus slowly turning into a scooby powered camper