Double lip crank shaft oil seal aircool

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Double lip crank shaft oil seal aircool

Post by camper »

The crank shaft oil seal on my 2ltr aircool as leaking oil badly.I will replace it soon i saw somewhere on a site there is a double lip crank shaft oil seal that can be obtained instead of the normal single.All my vans past and present Aircooled and diesels have had replacement oil seals due to leaking .Can any one tell where this may be obtained.

orcecaveman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by orcecaveman »

If you know the sizes, internal external and depth, you could give Barnwell Seals a call, ask for Maria tel 01179 825245.
Hope this helps.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

The double lip seal is fitted to the syncro, its there to help keep crud off the inner seal and is made up of two parts, the seal and sealing ring which is fitted to the pulley. Total cost is £83.61 inc vat.
I have the two bits in stock if you want to go that way.
However these are designed for the 1.9 and 2.1 wbx and I don't know if they will fit the 2.0 ac - I suspect not.

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

Beaker wrote:The double lip seal is fitted to the syncro, its there to help keep crud off the inner seal and is made up of two parts, the seal and sealing ring which is fitted to the pulley. Total cost is £83.61 inc vat.
I have the two bits in stock if you want to go that way.
However these are designed for the 1.9 and 2.1 wbx and I don't know if they will fit the 2.0 ac - I suspect not.
Thanks for the technical reply.I will fit a standard crank shaft oil seal as normaly supplied to a 2ltr aircool.