air intake in the rear airduct positioning

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

broutta
80-90 Mem No: 14576

air intake in the rear airduct positioning

Post by broutta »

Hi All

this may be a stupid question but i'm going to ask any way is there a reason why the air intake is positioned backwards in the air duct? as in the opening on the plastic intake faces the rear of the van? I would of thought this would of created a more restrictive air flow to the engine?
1981 1.9TD Devon....? poptop

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Re: air intake in the rear airduct positioning

Post by Titus A Duxass »

Which side is the air intake airduct fitted, if it is on the right hand side someone has reused the diesel one.
The original diesel (1,6 1,6TD) have them fitted in the left hand column, if you put them in the right they do not fit so good.

You can get a petrol version from Brickwerks which fits in the right hand side.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

Here you go - https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/ ... odels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have one of these on my desk at the moment.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

It probably cuts down on the amount of rain, dust, bugs and other junk, that goes down the intake and needs to be dealt with by the filter.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

broutta
80-90 Mem No: 14576

Post by broutta »

Titus A Duxass wrote:Which side is the air intake airduct fitted, if it is on the right hand side someone has reused the diesel one.
The original diesel (1,6 1,6TD) have them fitted in the left hand column, if you put them in the right they do not fit so good.

You can get a petrol version from Brickwerks which fits in the right hand side.
good to know!!! thank you! Its in the left hand column as its originally a 1.6td so it is in the correct place lol
brickwerks do sell the piping which looks quite good in terms of plumbing i'm not sure what the original filter looks like or even if there is a box or not :-/ - currently there is a tacky k&n imitation stuck to a pipe going the wrong way!

clift_d wrote:It probably cuts down on the amount of rain, dust, bugs and other junk, that goes down the intake and needs to be dealt with by the filter.
ahh yeah I didn't think of that it makes more sense!!! :D - my original thought was that it might stop a forced induction, as in generating more power the faster you go so that putting it that so that it creates a smoother ride? or when the air hits the back of the fan it creates a nice flow into the air duct?

is there any
1981 1.9TD Devon....? poptop