Panel van - Carpet lining

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

gwynny

Panel van - Carpet lining

Post by gwynny »

Hi guys picking up my panel van on the weekend, Im in a bit of a rush to get it ready for Glasto.

I wondered what people have paid to carpet Line their vans?

Also best place for units and rnr bed, to assemble and fit myself? cheers

fazzer
80-90 Mem No: 7803

Re: Panel van - Carpet lining

Post by fazzer »

I bought the lining carpet and spray glue(ebay) and did mine myself,not difficult as the carpet is really plyable also looks great when done turns a van into a camper.

scoobydrew
80-90 Mem No: 1046

Post by scoobydrew »

Lining carpet got to be megvanmats:

http://www.megavanmats.com/
Andy
Member 1046
Need more time.

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Post by Jim San »

As above, MVM do the 3 way stretch stuff and the high temp spray adhesive, good service.

Has the van been prepared for it? insulating and ply lining - I wouldnt recommend carpeting straight to the outer skin
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

daisybell
80-90 Mem No: 13987

Post by daisybell »

Is it easy to do the ply lining? Our van's carpet lining is like a dust storm cos it's so old and we're looking to renew it sometime. We're both pretty good at the practical side of things, but not sure what we might find when we pull off the present stuff. Also it's a hi-top, so do we just continue with ply there or is that bit treated differently? It can be quite scary ripping stuff out! All help appreciated. Thank you Club 80-90!

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Post by Jim San »

daisybell wrote:Is it easy to do the ply lining? Our van's carpet lining is like a dust storm cos it's so old and we're looking to renew it sometime. We're both pretty good at the practical side of things, but not sure what we might find when we pull off the present stuff. Also it's a hi-top, so do we just continue with ply there or is that bit treated differently? It can be quite scary ripping stuff out! All help appreciated. Thank you Club 80-90!

If you are both pretty practical then it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you. I have made new panels in the past, the template making is the time consuming bit - but if you have the old ones as patterns then its a doddle.

High top - I'e never done one but I gather the carpet would go direct to the inside (or to a foil based insulation or similar)

If it's all gone dusty and bitty i'd be keen to gut it and start it again - but you know it's going to be a week or two of evenings to get it done.
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

T25vanman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by T25vanman »

gwynny wrote:Hi guys picking up my panel van on the weekend, Im in a bit of a rush to get it ready for Glasto.

I wondered what people have paid to carpet Line their vans?

Also best place for units and rnr bed, to assemble and fit myself? cheers

Nice wheels. looks straight. what is it?

I'm off to Glasto in my van too :ok :lol:
Where abouts you from? i can carpet line etc, and also could knock you up a full width or 3/4 RnR bed out of ply if you like (without hinges) but for a reasonable cost.
Do you have internal panels at all?
1990 1.6 Diesel non turbo