flashlube kit.. .where to fit nozzle.

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

flashlube kit.. .where to fit nozzle.

Post by wasserleaker »

Hi all,
Thinking of fitting a flashlube upper cyl. lubricant kit to my 2.1 DJ'd & L.P.G'd van, has anyone fitted one, and where should the spray nozzle be situated? thinking fairly central in the 'tin' plenum box looks favourite, is one nozzle enough? and would it vaporise the stuff ok if fitted in the top facing downwards, or would fitting it from underneath be better for drawing a mist from the nozzle? a mate could braze a steel boss on with the thread in, as i don't think you would end up with many threads tapping into the sheet metal itself. any advice muchly appreciated!
cheers, wasserleaker.

Dubstar
80-90 Mem No: 3009

Post by Dubstar »

I've just got a flashlube kit for mine, and the instructions on the box say you have to drill and tap the manifold just past the carb. I asked the people I got it off and they say the same thing and are sending me a T piece and a bit of extra piping as I have twin carbs. I've not had a proper look at the manifolds yet, but I'm hoping for some sort of blocked off breather hole that I can open up, otherwise I'll be getting my drill out.

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

Post by wasserleaker »

mine's a fuel injection engine tho, Dubstar, i should have said. might give the chap at Gasure a call, my local L.P.G. fitter virtually said anything other than multi point modern L.P.G. systems are a waste of time, and i'd be better of buying a newer T4! so i won't be asking their advice on the flashlube matter.
seems worth having the lube system tho, specially as i just finished a costly engine re-build.

matt
80-90 Mem No: 397

Post by matt »

ey up me fellow Derby member
we have an lpg'd velle
thought Dj had hardened valves
give Steve at gasure a bell,
he did our conversion
and knows his Bus's
:)