Heater ,dash lights ,indicators not flashing .

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

isurf1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Heater ,dash lights ,indicators not flashing .

Post by isurf1 »

All working at times except fuel sender,cleaned earth crowns still the same anything else obvious to check ? .Would i be right in thinking three different faults and not one common fault?

MidLifeCrisis
80-90 Mem No: 10519

Re: Heater ,dash lights ,indicators not flashing .

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

Your question is a little confusing;

Heater - are you referring to the heater that heats air that comes out of the air vents to warm you as you drive? If so then that heater uses coolant running through a matrix in the dash to heat the air (unless you have an air-cooled engine?? Do you ??)

Dash lights - these are electrical (obviously) - have you made sure that the dial just below the headlight switch isn't turned fully off? Also you mentioned a fuel sender problem ...... what's that about?

Indicators not flashing - do they come on but not flash, or not flash, does the light on the dash flash (or light up); can you hear a clicking sound??

Lots more detail of your problem would really help here???
1987 Westfalia Van, Petrol 2.0 AGG

isurf1

Post by isurf1 »

What happens is the heater fan , dash lights , indicators work then stop working fuel sender never works and probably needs replacing just wondering if it could all be caused by one problem ie earth fault feed to fuse box etc .

isurf1

Post by isurf1 »

Dash lights as in illumination not warning lights

MidLifeCrisis

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

Very odd?!?!

What year/type of engine??

When this happens - do windscreen wipers work, do hazard lights work, do you have any indication that any of the gauge cluster is working (i.e. do you have a clock, Rev counter, etc that does function??)

isurf1

Post by isurf1 »

Just heater and fuel gauge /sender to sort out it's just dirty connections and damp .its a 88 Syncro 1.91y diesel panel van . Feel confident now that I can get the heater and fuel gauge working now. Was just baffled why all kept falling same time putting it down to damp and dirty contacts .Will have to drive it more often and stop leaving wet building materials inside . :oops:

MidLifeCrisis

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

Yep - the more they get used the less they break ......... It's the "T25 Paradox"

isurf1

Post by isurf1 »

Not been using van much as been busy renovating my house ,and only the odd trip to dump or builders merchants . Just about finished a garage to house both my syncros and can wait to do more work on them .And your right they do need to be used more often . :ok