Water tank in same compartment as gas?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dicey
80-90 Mem No: 0

Water tank in same compartment as gas?

Post by dicey »

Hi, I have built my kitchen units for my camper. I was hoping to keep all utility items in the one sealed compartment to save space. That would be my water tank with submersible pump, and my campingaz 907 cylinder. Because the pump is a sealed submersible unit, there would be no risk of sparks. There would be just one pair of cables going to the pump, and of course the hose for the tap leaving the sealed compartment. I wont have a problem sealing up the holes where the cables, hose and gas pipes leave the compartment, but I wonder in the regulations, is there a clause stating that the compartment must be used for gas only and no other use??
VW T3 CARAVELLE CARAT, AFN TDI

Aberdeenbus
80-90 Mem No: 6846

Re: Water tank in same compartment as gas?

Post by Aberdeenbus »

Regs? What regs? :rollin

Si

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

is there a clause stating that the compartment must be used for gas only and no other use??.
No
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

oorwullie
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by oorwullie »

it's perfectly conceivable that there are no regulations in the UK but it's normal in many other countries that you must have a vent out the floor of the gas bottle cupboard so "sealed" is not such a good plan.my water tank is in the same cupboard and i generally fill the rest of the space with drinks that don't need to be in the fridge, like whisky and wine. :rollin
ochaye thenoojimmyhaudmaheedtillastickmabunnetoanit