Opinions, advice, and criticism please.

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kit
80-90 Mem No: 4170

Opinions, advice, and criticism please.

Post by kit »

I have just bought these and although they are Mercedes they have Ronal stamped inside?
They are supposed to be ET 30 however on inspection only the fronts are et 30 the rears are 37, I thought ET 30 was correct but the guy said he used 5mm spacers on the front so I am getting confused?

Any thoughts or advice would be gratefully received :ok

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/t3-t3 ... 85980.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1y Tin top rust collector.

GMAN140
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Opinions, advice, and criticism please.

Post by GMAN140 »

He said he had them on his Gypsy ,which i think is a coach built so may be slightly different to a standard VW T25.
Im sure someone on here will know . I was thinking of buying them myself but didn't fancy the trip .I have just bought a similar set so will be very interested to here how they fit .

kit

Post by kit »

On closer examination I found the 2 front ones are 8 inch which will be too wide and the rears are 7 inch, how much are they worth as scrap? :?

Smiffo
80-90 Mem No: 15151

Post by Smiffo »

kit wrote:On closer examination I found the 2 front ones are 8 inch which will be too wide and the rears are 7 inch, how much are they worth as scrap? :?

Could you use spacers on those `rear` wheels, and put them on the front instead? ( To get the ET value correct while maybe not making them stick out too far... )
Perhaps that is what the last owner did, and that's why he said he used 5m spacers on the front..?

Not trying to confuse matters, but you don't want to scrap wheels that you like, if there is a way to fit them...

Cheers.
'89 1.9 DG

“It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.” ~ Mark Twain.

kit

Post by kit »

Where is g60steve in our hour of need? :)