Penalising Gas Guzzlers in Richmond - LPG in gov't plans

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stevewright76
80-90 Mem No: 2310

Penalising Gas Guzzlers in Richmond - LPG in gov't plans

Post by stevewright76 »

Dunno if anyone's been following this but thought it may be of interest - your typical wedgie firmly falling in the high-cost band:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6082690.stm

Anyway, i don't libve in Richmond (nor woudl I ever do so) but didn't feel the need to tell them that and enquired about what would happen with LPG conversion in thsi scheme - this is the answer I got:

Dear Mr Wright

Thank you for your email in relation to the above matter and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. As I am sure you can imagine the Council has received a considerable volume of correspondence on the proposals and as a result is sending a standard reply to most communication. I have attached a copy of the standard letter for your information.

With regard to your specific question, the matter of CO2 emissions from alternative fuels is one matter that the Council is still investigating. It may be that a certificate could be produced to provide evidence of the emissions when applying for a parking permit- especially for a non standard vehicle. Also of relevance is whether the vehicle is dual fuel (petrol and LPG), which would be difficult to monitor. It is hoped to have a potential solution to this by the time the Council make a decision early in the new year.

Thank you again for your email.

Yours sincerely,

TPS
Transport Planning Services

Will be interesting to watch - though the relative benefits of LPG to reduce CO2 are also under much debate it seems - see: http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d ... n=9857&l=2

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

I knew a person that had an LPG conversion done but never ran on it... so said it wasnt worth doing..... coz he kept running out !!! :shock:

But obvoisly didnt have bloomin clue about anything..........!!!

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Oh...
The other thing.. it cant apply to a T25 as they never had a CO2 classification, the gov/manufacturers havnt done a retrospective test, so unless an "unclassified vehicle" is charged at the max rate, it should only apply the standard "default" charge..

purplechugster
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Penalising Gas Guzzlers in Richmond - LPG in gov't plans

Post by purplechugster »

stevewright76 wrote:i don't libve in Richmond (nor woudl I ever do so)

:roll:

I'll not invite you round then....
One T25 in London, another one in Sydney.

stevewright76

Richmond

Post by stevewright76 »

Dount I could even afford to rent a shed there (nearest I ever got to SW was Coldharbour Lane SW9... A slightly different neighbourhood though), I'll stick with my half-a-house for £240 a month here in Lancaster for now...

Do have many friends nearby, on the afrikaans-speaking extension to the district line down to earlsfeldt and wimbelberg. Is it as Chelsea-tractor-central as the legislation sounds?

But we're going off topic methinks.

purplechugster
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Richmond

Post by purplechugster »

stevewright76 wrote: Is it as Chelsea-tractor-central as the legislation sounds?

Its not as bad as... er.. Chelsea for instance, but yes there are a ridiculous number of children being ferried to and from school in vehicles the size of a small house and an engine that could pull a juggernaut :roll:

Its about as liberally green a borough as you can get though, so conversely there are a lot of small cars, car shares and cycling going on. So Im all in favour of taxing the egotistical status symbols.
One T25 in London, another one in Sydney.

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

if lpg wins its worth a drive round richmond for the crack

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

stevewright76

Post by stevewright76 »

If you're looking for Crack in richmond then here's some help for you ;-)

http://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/policin ... gramme.htm