Fiamma 35F Pro Awning

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

HeloEngineer
80-90 Mem No: 0

Fiamma 35F Pro Awning

Post by HeloEngineer »

Good afternoon all.

Just adding a bit of info really. As I couldn't find any previous comments regarding fitting 35F adapter plates to a t25 hightop. (Autosleeper)

First I bought the canopy. Thought maybe I could bolt it staight through the hightop tub. Obviously now I noticed the curve or the tub and therefore couldn't unless messed about with spacers etc. Also the window would have been in the way.

Therefore I bought the bracketry that bolts to the gutter. (note these do not fit hightops) Thinking I may get away with it some how.

I didn't get away with it too easy. However by cutting out the tub where it sits in the gutter (only 80mm x 8mm) and removing some sealant. I managed with a bit of persuasion to get the plates fitted by getting a few threads of the attachment bolt through, then using the nut to draw the bracket into position. Canopy then popped on in 5 mins.

It looks the nuts!

So hope this may help someone. It took about 45m minutes in all. (Oh and I did seal around the brackets etc)

Cheers

Cableguy
80-90 Mem No: 8585

Re: Fiamma 35F Pro Awning

Post by Cableguy »

Great advice there, a photo would be of great benefit if you are able :ok

slippy8v
80-90 Mem No: 8868

Post by slippy8v »

Been there did that on my Komet hi top heres my pics on my build thread on the mk1 golf owners site scroll down to see the awning fit
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php ... 2&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1967 RHD WALKTHROUGH SPLITSCREEN
1971 RHD BAY
1993 MK1 GTI CABBY RIVAGE
1989 T25 KOMET
1991 T25 SYNCRO PANEL VAN

HeloEngineer
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by HeloEngineer »

Hiya I'll have a go at some pics tomorrow if it stops bloody raining!