Big Brake Conversion

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

futbus
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1266

Big Brake Conversion

Post by futbus »

Big brake conversion coming along nicely, just waiting on some tooling so I can get it bolted to the van. Photos say it all with regards the disc and pad size.

And the rears will be mocked up by early next week, see how it goes, as the discs are all prep`ed.

Keep you updated on progress.

PEET
80-90 Mem No: 2528

Post by PEET »

Are you going to do these as kits futbus and what are the calipers from? tanx Peet
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!

futbus
Trader

Post by futbus »

These will be sold as a kit form but dont know what it will include at this stage, but all the parts can be bought new off the shelf except for the bits that hold the caliper to the upright which I`m currently have in developement and hope to have fitted on my van by the weekend.

PEET
80-90 Mem No: 2528

Post by PEET »

Obviously i can source the brakes locally but what what are they? Are they 2 pot sliding caliper or a single pot - is it sliding caliper??? Obviously you dont want to give all the info out so understand wariness but i need an upgrade as my originals are knackered and i want to replace the whole lot nex spring. I'm jus after a kit thats sussed and sorted so it canl jus be bolted on and after a weekends work have it all working if you know what i mean. If you have any ideas of costs and other details etc pls PM me. Thanx Peet
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!

SteveW
80-90 Mem No: 2760

Post by SteveW »

I am also interested in this as I have some big hills to go down next year.
Never enough time

Bendyknees
80-90 Mem No: 2363

Post by Bendyknees »

How big exactly are these big brakes? Do they still fit under the standard rim or do u need monster truck wheels? Need to renew the fronts on my van soon, and seeing as im fully laden wit a trailer an baby motorbike more stopping power would be appreciated. Wat sort of money does the total conversion cost?
Carlsberg dont do campers.......... but if they did they'd build the T25

1984 Hightop wit a 1600N/A smoker

futbus
Trader

Post by futbus »

Brakes all done on the front now, and looking good, with clearence for the 15" merc steels that I have on there. Have to take it for a spin soon and bed in the pads to find out how much difference.

Piccy of the original syncro setup

And the new setup all fitted with stainless flexi hoses to finish it off,

now to start working on the rear disc conversion, then for both early and late vans.

more to come soon... and I`ll work out some costings, plus looking a set that will fit 14" standard wheels.

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

as soon as you work out cost can you let me no as i got a subaru engine and need better brakes big style!!! im only after the fronts as the back works fine and as most braking is done at the front i can change the back once money isnt as tight!!!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

JohnJono
80-90 Mem No: 1828

Post by JohnJono »

Same as above, looks like your going to do really well with these kits fatbus:D
Member number 1828

Johny B
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2003

Post by Johny B »

looking good mr fastbus how did they work out
Member 2003

VW Camperhaus

futbus
Trader

Post by futbus »

Big brakes all sorted and been on now for over 1000 miles and work expecially well in compared with the standard brakes. Any trial welcome in my van to do comparision if required.

Please see www.futbus.com for what we offer as we have increased the options in the kit to include ball joint fitting and bearing replacement, and to top this off we offer a powder coat finish.

Any more info please give us a call. All parts now in stock and we offer an exchange upright or we can do yours with about a week turnround so your van wont be off the road for any length of time, or with prior arrangement you come to us for fitting.

Dave