Aaz revs once then cuts out

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

conkers
80-90 Mem No: 8444

Aaz revs once then cuts out

Post by conkers »

Recently my aaz which has been really good starter started becoming harder to start -ie longer cranking. It then finally conked out, perhaps firing up for 2seconds or one 'rev' but that was about it. On inspection I found the bulb on the fuel line had perished and was leaking. I replaced it with spare fuel pipe that I had but now the problem hasn't changed. It turns over for ages and you get one 'rev' and then it stops. I am going to change the fuel filter anyway but I also wondered what the process was for bleeding the system or if it's something else?

shanco73
80-90 Mem No: 6874

Re: Aaz revs once then cuts out

Post by shanco73 »

I would say it will be the same a bleeding any diesel engine, you might need to bleed the injection pump, if the injector pump is primed you should not really need to bleed any further, but you could try cracking the injector pipes and cranking the engine until you see some fuel then re-tighten. There is a post here on a VWdiesel website.

http://www.vwdieselparts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good Luck, let us know how you get on
85 high top, home brew
engine 1995 AAZ (Mirtle)
sleeps 2 adults and one baby - so far
Off road (under MIG at the mo)
Soon to be seen at a campsiye near you !!

shanco73@hotmail.com surrey

conkers
80-90 Mem No: 8444

Re: Aaz revs once then cuts out

Post by conkers »

I have done it now. There are some bubbles in the pipe but it still runs fine. I assume that's not a problem? Thanks btw