1.6TD aux water pump sensor & wiring

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

crazy-for-a-syncro
80-90 Mem No: 12069

1.6TD aux water pump sensor & wiring

Post by crazy-for-a-syncro »

hi,
Still trying to get my syncro done, its a 1.6TD (apologies for the lack of updates of the rebuild thread).
My problem is the wiring has been butchered (cut) with only the fuel solenoid connected (at least it runs).

I've sussed out most of the wiring except the aux water pump (which also supplies the turbo cooler), its operated via a temperature switch which is rated around 105 degrees (tested ok), note switch is in a cardboard box....not on engine...

On the engine is a branch adapter with two water sensors fitted (measure 1000 ohms approx) and react correctly to temperature change in that the resistance changes, these I believe are for the temperature gauge and the glow plug relay.

so the issue I have is that I believe there are 3 temperature sensors/switches somewhere, but I can only find the two temperature sensors in and around the water circuit, I cannot find where the temperature switch for the aux water pump lives.

any clues/help/picture will help tremendously.

its the last hurdle before I can take it to Busfest....

Cheers

Andy
D589LRH 87RH FR diff hightop syncro 1.9AFN
D592LRH 87RH TD FR diff tintop syncro..big project

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Re: 1.6TD aux water pump sensor & wiring

Post by jes*b »

useful explanation from garyd here...

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=110190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the one you are after is housed in the end of plastic flange in the right hand side of the engine , near the back as you look in from rear. (thats if you have the plastic and not ali style fittings)

crazy-for-a-syncro

Hi Thanks for the quick reply. This is very useful and makes it a lot more clearer.
I've checked the engine and I have a plastic flange on the right of the engine as you say. the plastic flange has two sensor outlets, currently on my engine these are occupied by the glow plug sensor and the temp guage sensor. I cannot find anywhere where this aux pump switch goes. It could be the glow plug/temp gauge sensors is in the wrong position. but that still leaves me the problem I currently only have two positions for 3 sensors? :?
i'm hoping to get the syncro MOT'd today and following quick test run pack it for Busfest, hopefully I can find someone with unmolested wiring I can look at....

dave friday
80-90 Mem No: 5533

Post by dave friday »

There should be a sensor position on the front of the head where the heater feed pipe is connected.
I dont think, so I'm not[do I exist?]
1992 1600td [ jx ] syncro panel van[leisuredrive camper ]

crazy-for-a-syncro

Thanks Dave,

i'll have a look. :idea

P.S for anyone interested the syncro sailed through the MOT, no advisories, not bad for a 4 year layup - Busfest here we come :-) :rollin :ok