fast idle

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ray
80-90 Mem No: 94

fast idle

Post by Ray »

Hello all, got a problem with a fast idle when warmed up. It is the same on petrol or lpg on the 2.1 DJ. Throttle valve is clicking on and off correctly but haven't checked the wiring yet. Idle control valve humming OK and is a fairly new one. I have a new screw in temp sender that I am going to fit to see if that is the cause. Anything else maybe worth checking. It has always idled on 900 but now about 1700. Ned to get fixed before BF. Cheers Ray
Ray
2.1dj RHD syncro

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Re: fast idle

Post by syncroandy »

Throttle switch ?
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

Hairyface
80-90 Mem No: 12414

Post by Hairyface »

Ray,

I have had the same problem on my van (2.2 Audi conversion) and have never managed to get to the bottom of it.

In my van, the problem is extremely intermittent and could be fine for ages then all of a sudden the engine is racing on idle. I have found that by revving the nuts off it clears the problem for a short while.

I will be interested to here any suggestions as to the cure. Will check the throttle switch - thanks Andy.

Dave
'87 Syncro Hi-Top Leisure Drive
2.2 Audi Conversion

Ray
80-90 Mem No: 94

Post by Ray »

Was the idle control valve after all. Only had the previous one a couple of years from e bay, Difficult to come by now - well done to brickwerks for sourcing one quick in time for Busfest!
Ray
2.1dj RHD syncro