Which tab is for flashing headlights?

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Post Reply
simonmarsh
Registered user
Posts: 82
Joined: 30 Jun 2020, 09:50
80-90 Mem No: 15712
Location: Near Bristol

Which tab is for flashing headlights?

Post by simonmarsh »

Hello- I recently replaced the ignition switch on my 1980 model which resolved the random cutting out issue but when I removed the ring that houses the stalks for the wipers and indicators etc a single copper spade/ tab fell out of the plastic housing. The only thing that doesn’t seem to work now is the headlight flasher - I can’t switch to permanent high beam but nothing happens when I try to flash the headlights. I can’t for the life of me work out where this tab fell out from- does anyone know please? Many thanks
1980 2 litre CU petrol engine 4 speed gearbox (Devon Moonraker)
1973 1303S Beetle
1965 Karmann Ghia coupe

User avatar
Aidan
Trader
Posts: 7462
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 19:21
80-90 Mem No: 742
Location: Llanfyllin, mid Wales : )

Re: Which tab is for flashing headlights?

Post by Aidan »

having looked at the stalk assembly the high beam and headlight flasher contacts are in the wiper arm assembly on the indicator stalk side - looking at the wiring diagram 56b is the headlight flash pin, the pins are marked on the hosuing and the housing is clipped together, but good luck taking it apart and repairing, chances are there are springs in there and the bit hat fell out may have broken off so may not be repairable
a new assembly isn't much money, part number is 251 953 519 C
AIDAN :)

Post Reply