Hi all,
Been a while since I last posted. Have not done much with the van really. Anyway, the temp gauge stopped working the other day. Thought I would replace the sender. Having a look at it the one in there doesn't look right for a 1987 1.9 DG? Just need to get that checked before buying a new one or doing anything else.
check the wire colours, temp gauge wiring is iirc yellow/red and an earth (brown maybe with a trace colour), brickie sells the JPT plug and terminals so you could repair the wiring back to stock
Okay, will need to take a picture and show the wife, I am colour blind as hell. Trying to understand what you mean.
I gather first off it is the wrong sender. Someone bodged a previous job most likely (Probably explains why the temp never got very high). I need the black D shaped Sensor. I will then need to get a plug that fits it or just connect the wires?
You will have to excuse my slowness.
I'm pretty sure that plug will fit in the suffix D sender, but it might need a tickle, and the rubber boot will fit over it even though its not the correct one - they changed over time, probably accounts for why the p.o. changed the wiring previously because they fitted a later sensor - suffix D version is basically T4 era I think