2.1 DJ timing

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Post Reply
MC 1
Registered user
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Dec 2025, 09:28
80-90 Mem No: 0

2.1 DJ timing

Post by MC 1 »

Do I need to unplug all it say's in the Bently manual to set timing on a fule injected t25 2.1 DJ and do I use the original single pully. 

User avatar
Aidan
Trader
Posts: 7459
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 19:21
80-90 Mem No: 742
Location: Llanfyllin, mid Wales : )

Re: 2.1 DJ timing

Post by Aidan »

DJ engine isn't covered in Bentley

you would be better off with https://syncrosport.com/info/manual/VW_Transporter_80-92_2-1_Inj_Ign.pdf
AIDAN :)

MC 1
Registered user
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Dec 2025, 09:28
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: 2.1 DJ timing

Post by MC 1 »

Is the 2.1 DJ engine really not in the Bentley manual, I spent a Hundred quid on that  book. I think that's why I'm a bit confused. Thank for the advice I will try to get that book you recommend.  

User avatar
Aidan
Trader
Posts: 7459
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 19:21
80-90 Mem No: 742
Location: Llanfyllin, mid Wales : )

Re: 2.1 DJ timing

Post by Aidan »

The Bentley manual is American so only covers the engines they got in that market
2.0 litre Aircooled with fuel injection, 1.9 WBX with fuel injection, CS 1.6 diesel upto end of 1982 and 2.1 MV Digifant

2.1 DJ is the (more powerful) 'dirty' 2.1 originally designed to run on 4*, the Americans only got the cleaner variant with a CAT and a cleverer ECU, timing procedures are different

The 1.9 Digijet the yanks got is very similar to the DJ but earlier and not exactly the same, so worth cross checking the two sets of instructions, iirc timing isn't the same
also DJ running unleaded is timed at 5' (like the MV) instead of 10', if running LPG it's something different ideally

The stuff on Andy's website is pdf downloadable, and the extra stuff like driveability issues leaflet from VW is worth being familiar with
AIDAN :)

MC 1
Registered user
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Dec 2025, 09:28
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: 2.1 DJ timing

Post by MC 1 »

Thank you for your help very much appreciated .

Post Reply