An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Keep killing 12V USB chargers

Post by CovKid »

Must be mad. Look:

http://www.wilko.com/car-accessories/wi ... %20adapter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - no postage, just your feet.

£4 for goodness sake. One at 1amp and one at 2.5amp and you're unlikely to need more than an amp anyway.

I've used these for over a year.

They also do a 2 x 2.1amp one for £6.99.....

Below that, £1 shop and 99p stuff meets the cheap, low end (just). Theirs might be half an amp if you're lucky - probably more like 200mah and generally fall to bits. Wilkinsons are good quality for the money and comparable with many priced at twice that elsewhere. I did so much leg work finding good ones and Wilkinsons won out all round. They are also excellent on memory cards too - often much cheaper than even ebay. Finally, national or not, their mere existence in my town also means local people have a job so on that basis I make a point of using them (and my feet) rather than sitting in an armchair with a credit card which is far easier, albeit with a 1-3 day wait for the goods. :wink:

When the hackers win the day and take down huge chunks of the internet (which they're getting very good at), there will be a glut of people that won't have a clue who does what in their own area, if any places are even left, or what their legs are for. :D
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

v-lux
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2951

Post by v-lux »

Same item as CVC only ten quid cheaper at £16.50

Thanks for alerting me to this, it's been a little while since we ordered any Blue Sea stuff as we placed a big order a while back. Seems as though the prices must have come down since then as we were a very competitive price before. Need to have a word with our supplier, as the price above is less than we buy them for!

Obviously all this is horses for courses, but i personally prefer to fit high quality electrical equipment to my van. The Blue Sea equipment is unarguably higher quality than most other cheap USB sockets out there.

Incidentally you can buy those same Wilko USB charger things in China for less than 50p each, the review on the Wilko site isn't exactly confidence inspiring either.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Agree to differ then. They do not compare with those really, really cheap ones. I've had the hudle and iphone both on charge and they've been great. I had a second one which I gave to a friend and his has worked flawlessly too. Better than any of these would be a proper dedicated dash unit.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.