oil gauge

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Trunkster
80-90 Mem No: 10359

oil gauge

Post by Trunkster »

To cut a very long story short I have had problems with azz1:9 td engine's. It was suggested by my mechanic that I install a oil pressure gauge and maybe an oil temp gauge. I was looking on eBay and there are quite a few electronic ones probably made in lands far away. My first question is are they any good? Secondly I have bought an oil cooler from BW. There is some kind of plate that fits onto the oil filter that my mechanic showed me. The oil sensor fits into it. If I get an oil temp gauge as well where would the sensor go?
If in doubt give it a clout!

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Re: oil gauge

Post by lloydy »

I had TIM gauges on my AAZ, worked well and a half decent price. as for fitting two senders, you can get a screw in piece which will allow you to fit two senders. Temp one is better in oil flow, the pressure one can go at a 'dead end' as such. But if the brickwerks sandwich plate comes with a tapping for a sender, it should leave you with a spare tapping on the filter housing?
Brickwerks are bringing out a pod for gauges shortly.
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Trunkster
80-90 Mem No: 10359

Post by Trunkster »

Ok thanx :ok
If in doubt give it a clout!

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Post by syncroandy »

LMA do a good range of threaded T's and adapters for oil switches.
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Post by marlinowner »

I bought a set of Audi 80 auxiliary gauges, oil pressure, oil temperature and voltage. They came with an M10 threaded dual sender for oil pressure and low pressure warning light, which replaced the original low pressure switch. I then bought an Audi oil temperature sender with M10 thread which I tested with my temp gauge and boiling water. I replaced the high pressure warning switch, which was redundant as I had previously fitted a new instrument PCB that didn't have the buzzer of doom circuit. Result is set of three VDO gauges of period style for an outlay of approx £70. (And the gauge illumination is controlled with the rheostat on the light switch.)
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine