T25 faulty speedo and fuel gauge

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Kieran84
80-90 Mem No: 0

T25 faulty speedo and fuel gauge

Post by Kieran84 »

Hello everyone I've just bought a t25 camper and the fuel gauge and the speedo isn't working but the mileometer is! Any ideas?

Mk2Tony
80-90 Mem No: 13793

Re: T25 faulty speedo and fuel gauge

Post by Mk2Tony »

Hi, me and my wife bought a T25 about a week ago (our first one) and the petrol gauge wasn't working.
bought a new sender from Just Kampers for 42 quid, dropped the tank and changed the sender and all works fine now, gave the tank a good rub down and respray too as they trap a lot of road dirt on the top and can rust.
Not sure on the speedo though if the mileage is still going up, probably worth striping it out and having a good look at it
T25 2L Aircooled Devon Moonraker 1981 "General Custard"

Tony, Rox & Pixie

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Post by California Dreamin »

Kieran84 wrote:Hello everyone I've just bought a t25 camper and the fuel gauge and the speedo isn't working but the mileometer is! Any ideas?

I would say you have two 'unrelated' faults.
Speedo is 'mechanically' driven via a cable from the N/S/F grease cap. The fact that the milometer is working indicates that the drive cable must be spinning so this is likely a straight forward internal speedo fault.

The fuel gauge could be down to several things: faulty PCB (printed circuit board on the rear of the instrument cluster) faulty voltage stabilizer (three prong device that also effects temperature readings).
Corroded connections at the sender unit or the unit itself.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

Kieran84
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Kieran84 »

Thanks guys