Van wont start.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mav1975
80-90 Mem No: 0

Van wont start.

Post by mav1975 »

Hi guys..Need an vdub auto electrician in Bristol..Have replaced starter motor replaced bush.Changed ignition switch.The van sometimes starts then nothing.Have been told might need the solenoid from switch wire replacing..Please help,I need my van back.Oh yes,All the earths have been checked and cleaned still wont start.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Van wont start.

Post by CovKid »

Did it do this before you replaced these items?
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Re: Van wont start.

Post by ghost123uk »

mav1975 wrote: Have replaced starter motor...

Have been told might need the solenoid from switch wire replacing.

If you have replaced the starter motor, then you will have replaced the solenoid, as it is part of it (well, I have never seen a vendor selling a starter motor without the solenoid, yet)

If the starter literally does nothing when you turn the key, and you have changed the ignition switch and the small wire on the solenoid, the one with the spade connector, is firmly attached, then it is likely the small wire itself is damaged somewhere. It usually goes dodgy right close the the starter motor end.,
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here