Location of Eber' heater

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

The Bishop
80-90 Mem No: 10021

Location of Eber' heater

Post by The Bishop »

I was going to put my Eber under the back seat as one of Jed's videos shows. Started cutting and realised I was right above a chassis cross member. Perhaps my back seat is a little further back than others?

So where is yours located?
Any ideas?
Perhaps I should put it underneath?
1986 1.9 Petrol/LPG with Devon pop up.

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Re: Location of Eber' heater

Post by scottbott »

I am 3/4 way through fitting a webasto in my van,I have mounted it onto the 'sloping' part of the rear bulkhead under the seat,I am using two small gel batteries mounted on their sides as originally fitted in an electric wheel chair,there is not a lot of room under the seat on an autosleeper and I did not want to move the seat forward to give more space,I have been taking photo's which I will post when it is all finished if anyone is interested,just the exhaust to fit and position and the fuel pump and petrol pipe
Nil carborundum illegitimi

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

Havent seen any videos but there is a noticeable flat area in the floor panel under the rear seat ie no pressings/ribs in it that is plenty big enough to put an eber without going near the cross members etc. you got a pic chap? :ok

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

If you do come down I could take a look at what space you have there. You should be clear underneath at the base of the sloping bulkhead towards the middle of the road/right hand side.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶