interior trim for t25

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Tim Trim
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 0

interior trim for t25

Post by Tim Trim »

Morning All
Just joined the forum, and would like to gauge some opinion on T25 interior trim if anybody has any views. I work at Newton Commercial interior trim manufacturers and we are currently upgrading our T25 range to include new seat covers for T25 seats ( both captains and std versions ) and also working on a deluxe panel kit with an OEM style design including the chrome strips that were on most original panels. We have chosen a cloth and colour that will compliment the original grey that a lot of the vans are trimmed in. We are also able to offer the trim in a variety of colours. Furthermore, we have produced a modern foam headrest and cover to replace the original plastic versions if people want an upgrade. It is anticipated that the trim will be ready early January time.
Don't know if you guys have club days out, but I would be happy to arrange a factory visit if enough people were interested. We are based in Leiston Suffolk, right near the coast and employ 50 local people, mostly on a full time basis. We do undertake club visits for some of our other marques, and generally the feedback is very good,it's always helpful for us to let people see what we do here and to get some feedback of our own on the actual products that we are offering. Anyone interested let me know.
Many Thanks
Tim Trim

miggs
80-90 Mem No: 9631

Re: interior trim for t25

Post by miggs »

I'd be up for a factory visit :ok
Ray if someone asks you if youre a god you say YES

jamesandtheopenroad
80-90 Mem No: 8279

Post by jamesandtheopenroad »

Me too. My mate's from Leiston.
"our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" Mr W Shakespeare

1990 VW T25 Transporter
1.9 DG 78ps
LPG'd by Gasure

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Post by scottbott »

and me
Nil carborundum illegitimi

Tim Trim
Trader

Post by Tim Trim »

scottbott wrote:and me
Thanks Guys appreciate your interest. I'l give it a week to see if we get anymore declarations and I'l come back to you and try and nail a date sometime in January when I've got all the new parts finished.
Regards
Tim Trim

hollow

Post by hollow »

keep me posted too

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Tis a good product line if the price is right. Global potential I'd say.... :D

Mind you, be cool if they were not made from the usual moisture-sensitive hardboard backing. Warping was often a problem for interior trim. I always think that in the manufacture of any obsolete parts, thought given to design weaknesses is worthwhile - if it can be done ofcourse.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

regwesty

T25 Westfalia Mosaik/VAN DYK Material

Post by regwesty »

Hello

I am looking high and low for the Beige back ground with brown and green stripes material for my Westy-I have been told that it is called Van Dyck KW, but some other people have said its called Mosaik.

I had my beautiful covers washed and ready to re-sew and put back on the camper, when someone stole my car (the covers were in the boot) and when the car was recovered - NO COVERS.

I am gutted, 30 years they have lasted and then just gone!

If anyone can help me to source, new or old material and also to re-cover the front seats I would be so grateful.

Thanks

Reg

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

All I can say is a day spent at either Birmingham or Leicester rag market may inspire you. I'm going heavy-duty denim throughout and thats where I'm getting mine - mostly because I can actually look at the cloth available and decide on the spot. A non-rushed day to get exactly what I want.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

waltraud
80-90 Mem No: 5824

Post by waltraud »

I have that same Van Dyk material and have had a good look around on forums and websites for some months. I don't think anyone re-manufacturers it and the only way will be if and when someone has some to sell s/h. You could try Frank's Westfalia parts and ask Steve from eastfalia if he can find any, also Oliver fron T25 direct (all on the web) as they are all people who look at quite a lot of Westys and might spot some!

personally, if i was in your position I would check out how many better made, nicer quality, softer and more interesting materials are avaialble and you could have fun matching up some retro inspired colours, i've just been to John lewsi and they have a v good selection thought not v cheap. Ikea is cheaper but as been suggested rag market and ebay might be good to check. Good luck.

You could always try asking Gunzl if he can sourc any from his contacts. Also might be worth trying NW VW who do a lot of T 25 stuff and v reaosnable in my exp. Tim
1983 1.9 Ivory Westy Joker

Naampje

Post by Naampje »

Hello guy's,

Just passed by this post, I think I can help.

http://westtrading.nl/homepage.asp?language=UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I do business with this company, they have what you need, furthermore I'll be making roof lining, seat cover etc. So drop me a note anytime.
Leather, Skai, VW fabrics. It will be shipped from Amsterdam.

Grt,
Iannis
Rockhard T25 former Dutch army panelvan. 2.0 GTI 8V