Diff Lock Indicator Light Switch

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dlister
80-90 Mem No: 0

Diff Lock Indicator Light Switch

Post by dlister »

Question re: the electrical connector that plugs into the diff lock indicator light switch. I am looking for information to find out what the part number might be, the size specifications of the connector - anything to identify it so I can find a replacement. I recently added a locking diff and the original connector has been unused and open to the elements since 1986, so it is 'a bit' corroded. Seems nobody has them. If I can get more info I can probably find a similar connector.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thx
David
Toronto, Canada

syncroand101
80-90 Mem No: 500

Re: Diff Lock Indicator Light Switch

Post by syncroand101 »

Vagcat is great for this kinda thing..

If you register you can find the part numbers and also which other vehicles stuff was fitted too

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/T2SY/1 ... 57/606353/

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Re: Diff Lock Indicator Light Switch

Post by syncroandy »

Hi David, if you mean the two-pin connection to the switch itself, the plastic housing is 443 906 231. The terminals are standard 2.8mm uninsulated crimp terminals with locking barb.

The housing is found somewhere or other on most VW's. eg. 1990's cars used them on the brake/clutch pedal switches. So readily available if you have a local pick and pull.
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004