Need help with SYNCRO Brake-pipes

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MickeTJ
80-90 Mem No: 0

Need help with SYNCRO Brake-pipes

Post by MickeTJ »

Hi!

This is my first post in this forum. Very sourcefull!
Im from Sweden and English is not ma native language so please bare with me
I bought a -90 Syncro Hitop Camper from the Netherlands last month and I now need to register it here in Sweden.

The MOT did say that I had to change the brakepipes due to rust.

I have changed alot of brakepipes before on my Jeep Wrangler but they were quite easy to do, due to the abundance of space around them.

The Syncro however is a bit more cramped...

I want to change the left rear pipe and I looked underneath today just to figure out that there were no way that could be done without dropping the tranny and tank. So I want to re-route the pipes.

I could just barely se the "T" , but I cant see where the pipe goes after the T? to the front.

Is there somebody else that knows a good re-route or where the pipe goes after the T? The Bently manuel does not show anything about the pipes.
I must ad that my van has ABS.
VW T3 Syncro 1990 / 2.1 MV / ABS brakes / 2 Lockers - Hightop Multivan with kitchen

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Need help with SYNCRO Brake-pipes

Post by Aidan »

Hi and welcome
I can't sure about abs set up - all the abs pipes will come to the controller under the left seat so routing will be different

normal non abs the T goes left and right and to the front it goes down and over the cross member iirc and back up to the floor and forward to the front back bias valve under vehicle below right seat/floor