Abenteuer & Allrad Show, Germany 30 May-02 June 2013

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Tom Mc
80-90 Mem No: 0

Abenteuer & Allrad Show, Germany 30 May-02 June 2013

Post by Tom Mc »

Looking ahead to the 4x4 shows next year …

Is anyone planning on going to the Abenteuer & Allrad (Adventure Wheel) Show, Germany 30 May-02 June 2013? Billed as the biggest off-road show in Europe, it’s a claim that can’t be denied … it’s BIG!!! See http://www.abenteuer-allrad.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The English version can be found by clicking the ‘Besucher’ tab in the menu, then ‘For Foreign Visitors’.

I ask because I intend attending myself. However, there is a problem. This is also the weekend of the HUBB UK event at Donington, Leicestershire ( http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/hubbuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) where I have a promotional pitch for my ADVENTURE OVERLAND show at Stratford Racecourse, Warwickshire in September– http://www.adventureoverlandshow.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Decisions decisions!

This being the case, I intend spending Thursday at HUBB UK, then, leaving the stand in the capable hands of friends, I will fly out from East Midlands airport (which is virtually next door) on Fri 31 May to Frankfurt, collect a hire car, then on to the show. I shall return Mon 03 June to collect my marquee from HUBB UK. Back in June this year I flew over and hired a car, it worked out fine. I only had hand luggage which contained a lightweight tent, sleeping bag, change of clothes and toiletries!

So ... does anybody fancy joining me? We can share the cost of the hire car/fuel.

The itinerary:-

The return flights cost £96 incl. taxes.

Depart East Midlands 06:35 Fri 31 May 2013 (no stops) – 1hr 45m
Arrive Frankfurt 09:20 31 May 2013 (no stops)

Depart Frankfurt 15:20 Mon 03 June 2013 (no stops) – 1hr 40m
Arrive East Midlands 16:00 Mon 03 June 2013 (no stops)

Hire car costing between £96 - £131 depending on size (a Compact just for me, Midsize for 4 persons)
Fuel Frankfurt Airport – Bad Kissingen, 200 miles return – approx. £50
3 nights camping at Abenteuer & Allrad Show @ 10 euros per car per night x 3 nights = 30 euros/£25
3 days admission to Abenteuer & Allrad Show – 20 euros/£17

In a nutshell …

131.00 hire car
50.00 fuel
25.00 camping

= £206 divided between 2, 3 or 4 persons

+

£96.00 return flight per person
£17.00 3-day admission per person

+
vast quantities of beer … naturally!!! :wink:

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Re: Abenteuer & Allrad Show, Germany 30 May-02 June 2013

Post by ..lee.. »

I was sold on that untill I read the beer bit.

Seriously sound a great way to get out there.

Lee
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

Tom Mc

Post by Tom Mc »

Anything to cut down on the cost! Besides, in my case I have no choice but to fly as it would take too long on the road. Obviously it would very different if I was touring, but for a weekend show, may as well park up and have a beer or three. I'd be rude not to. :roll:

I suppose I ought to post these piccies in here that I took last year, there is a 'slight connection' after all. :lol:

Dutchdude
80-90 Mem No: 206

Post by Dutchdude »

Hi, I was at the Abenteuer und Allrad show in Bad Kissingen this year. Great show and lots of vendors. Only downside: the campground where all the 4x4 cars and campers are parked is on the other side of town!! Way too far to walk and there is NO PARKING at the showgrounds. There is a coach service all day to haul visitors up and down and these coaches were pretty full. Will definately be going there again in 2013, it is about a five hour drive from where I live (south of Holland).

Cheers, Rob.
1991 Syncro Westy 16"
1990 Westy California
2003 Karmann Colorado 580H
1990 Golf mark 2

Tom Mc

Post by Tom Mc »

I agree Bob. Fortunately I had a Press pass so could drive right up to the entrance, but after a few beers (a lot actually!) one day I had to leave the car behind for obvious reasons. Still a great show though. :ok