2.1 DJ green plastic vacuum resevoir........

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

2.1 DJ green plastic vacuum resevoir........

Post by wasserleaker »

I recently bought a few spares for my 2.1, mainly to get a better air filter box than mine, which had no clips, had to be cable tied together, and a spare airflow meter. attached to the airbox i bought, is a green plastic vacuum resevoir, (looks like a toilet cistern ball-"cock"!) or at least that's what i think it is. my van never had one while i've owned it, what would this be for, as mine runs perfectly well without one, did they (DJ's) all have one, and mine is missing? or only vans with certain specs. i can't see it being part of the vac. advance or retard set up on the distributor, as a reserve of vacuum would surely not be needed for timing reasons, anyone able to explain what it's for, and where the connections would go?
cheers for any help, as i'm puzzled. :-)

tonytech
80-90 Mem No: 477

Re: 2.1 DJ green plastic vacuum resevoir........

Post by tonytech »

Mine doesnt have one,
T
There are 10 kinds of people. those who understand Binary and those who dont

Taw Cottage
80-90 Mem No: 9513

Post by Taw Cottage »

Hi there.

Does your vehicle have a catalytic converter just before the main silencer box on the exhaust system. If not, no worries, as I believe the green plastic "ball "cock"" thingy is part of the system where converters are fitted.

However, my westy has a 2.1 engine, had a catalytic converter that was knackered, so I replaced it with straight pipe from JK's, has a green "ball "cock"" thingy, although it was not connected when I got the bus and doesn't seem to have any effect.

Hope that helps a bit :ok

Steve
Life is not a rehearsal

Westy 2.1 WBX Denk an die Umwelt Fahr mit dem Bus

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

Post by wasserleaker »

Taw Cottage wrote:Hi there.

Does your vehicle have a catalytic converter just before the main silencer box on the exhaust system. If not, no worries, as I believe the green plastic "ball ""cock""" thingy is part of the system where converters are fitted.

However, my westy has a 2.1 engine, had a catalytic converter that was knackered, so I replaced it with straight pipe from JK's, has a green "ball ""cock""" thingy, although it was not connected when I got the bus and doesn't seem to have any effect.

Hope that helps a bit :ok

Steve
Mine is a non cat set up, thanks for the info, sounds like the airbox i got in the pile of parts is from a model fitted with a cat then, I'll leave the green ball in the miscellaneous pile in the shed then!

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Could also be as fitted to syncro models, as the diff locks use vac reservoirs .
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Post by jason k »

i think the grren ball was on swiss ss or mv powered 2.1 s
98 Westfalia James Cook