rock n roll bed advise

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mrshiggins
80-90 Mem No: 0

rock n roll bed advise

Post by mrshiggins »

Hi , has anyone fitted an ikea lycksele sofa bed , rock and roll design in a T25 Camper ?
If so Im wondering how you fitted or adapted it ?
Thanks x

Alice
80-90 Mem No: 5904

Re: rock n roll bed advise

Post by Alice »

Not got one in the van but do have one in the spare room. It is a great sofa bed but I'm not sure it would suit in the van without a lot of modifying. The legs are pretty insubstantial and the frame is pretty loose, which is fine in the house but i wouldn't trust it in a crash. Also it is not held in sofa position by anything but gravity, which again would worry me as a travelling seat.
This last is hard to explain, but where the main legs are in seat position, is where the head of the bed is in bed position. So as a rock and roll bed the whole of the inside of the van would be filled, and the bed wouldn't make use of the over engine area of the van.

I have seen someone use a different IKEA sofa bed to make a bed, but they used the "Exarby" , which opens to make a width ways bed, instead of pulling out to make a lengthways bed. They cut it down to the width of the van, to make it similar to a blue bird bed, then built a rear section. Hope this makes sense.

mrshiggins
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: rock n roll bed advise

Post by mrshiggins »

hi Alice , I think Im going to keep an eye on e bay instead for a rock n roll bed for the T25 . My main worry was safety .Thanks for reply .