Steering wheel twisting issue :-(

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

choplee
80-90 Mem No: 8091

Steering wheel twisting issue :-(

Post by choplee »

Hi all and i'm sorry if this topic has been done,but i had a flick through and didn't find an answer......

I have just brought a caravelle steering wheel and is in good condition ....
The top half of the steering wheel ,but mainly on one side is twisting and moving alot ...

I need to know if i can inject anything into the wheel to stop this twisting movment or repair it somehow ..
I don't have power steering and when it gets pulled around it will twist and move possibly causing safety issues :(

hope someone can help ...

:ok

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Steering wheel twisting issue :-(

Post by CovKid »

Yes it has come up. One solution offered was to drill holes on the reverse and fill them with superglue.

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... &p=7658458&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

choplee

Post by choplee »

Thanks for that covkid ....

The caravelle steering wheels don't come up for sale that often and aren't cheap ,so i'll have to try any repair job to save it getting any worse ... :ok

choplee

Post by choplee »

No one else got a twisting steering wheel grip problem that they've solved ...????? :?: :?: :?:
nice to see if there's different repair options before i try and repair :ok

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

I have seen methods somewhere online. Try googling it

I sold mine on that was lose for £20 and got a perfect one for £35 on ebay :D

faggie

Post by faggie »

just get a large stringe with needle and inject the glue in every few inches , done a few this way and you can hardly see the holes after they seem to close up and are hardly visible

choplee

Post by choplee »

cheers faggie ...:-)..... where did you get your syringe and needle from ... :?: :?:

faggie wrote:just get a large stringe with needle and inject the glue in every few inches , done a few this way and you can hardly see the holes after they seem to close up and are hardly visible

choplee

Post by choplee »

i'll have a google up ... :shock: ...lol

i've been hanging out for one on ebay for ages ,but gave up and see this one on the club forum...alot more money than yours i'm afraid cruz ...wouldn't have brought it if the grip was pointed out in the ad unless it was cheap ....looking at it now i'm not impressed for the price . :evil:

Cruz wrote:I have seen methods somewhere online. Try googling it

I sold mine on that was lose for £20 and got a perfect one for £35 on ebay :D

Cruz

Post by Cruz »

There are always caravelle steering wheels on ebay, especially the normal 45cm size one's that are easier to drive with. Just keep your eye out.

choplee

Post by choplee »

:shock: :shock: :shock: ...i'll keep them peeled....i'll have a bash at this one first ,as i paid way way to much for it's condition ,but not everyone wants to tell you the bad points only the good one's ....expect it from other selling site's.

Cruz wrote:There are always caravelle steering wheels on ebay, especially the normal 45cm size one's that are easier to drive with. Just keep your eye out.

Cruz

Post by Cruz »

Andyvan has one for £40

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... l#p7675298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

choplee

Post by choplee »

Wish i had waited and brought Andyvans........I'll give the glue thing a shot first ,so i don't waste to much money ...fingers crossed cruz....

thanks for the link :ok

Cruz wrote:Andyvan has one for £40

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... l#p7675298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

colinthefox
80-90 Mem No: 16447

Post by colinthefox »

There is a superglue with the consisitency of water which is just made for jobs like this. Disappears down a crack using capillary action. Never tried it on a steering wheel, but it should work. I use it for tightening up the joints on loose antique chairs, mending hairline cracks in wood and metal. It's really good for rubber door seals. Don't get it on your fingers though, and don't rub your eyes!

Axminster.co.uk part no. 210868
1.9D (AEF) pop-top. Aaaaahhhhh........that's better.

choplee

Post by choplee »

Your a diamond colin ...i've got an axminster close by :ok

colinthefox wrote:There is a superglue with the consisitency of water which is just made for jobs like this. Disappears down a crack using capillary action. Never tried it on a steering wheel, but it should work. I use it for tightening up the joints on loose antique chairs, mending hairline cracks in wood and metal. It's really good for rubber door seals. Don't get it on your fingers though, and don't rub your eyes!

Axminster.co.uk part no. 210868