How do I fix a baby carrier using a lap belt?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Alice
80-90 Mem No: 5904

Re: How do I fix a baby carrier using a lap belt?

Post by Alice »

Just be aware that the JK seat belt is not always long enough, the Brickwerks one is significantly longer. While the JK one might be OK with a stage 1 and 2 seat, it would definitely not be long enough for a stage zero/baby car seat.
Britax eclipse and prince are safe with lapbelts, halfords staff don't always know what they are talking about. Check with manufacturers first.
From the britax website:
Q. My car has a 2-point lap belt on the centre of the rear seat. Which child seat can I use?
A. How can I transport three children in this car? A rearward facing infant carrier must only be used with a 3-point belt. The same applies to boosters (also in combination with a backrest). For the installation with a 2-point lap belt the ECLIPSE and the PRINCE are suitable. They allow your child (or one of your children) weighing between 9 and 18 kg to be transported safely and comfortably in the centre position of the rear seat, even if it is only equipped with a 2-point lap belt.

Tallulah43

Post by Tallulah43 »

Hi

sorry to throw a spanner in the works but you can get child seats that are meant to be on lap belts. We have 2 of them which we used to use in our cars in the centre lap belt (we have 3 small kids) and now we use them in the rear of the our T25. They are Britax Eclipse and Britax Prince. They are very secure and comfy for the kids. Just check the age that you can use them from :ok

DarkPoet
80-90 Mem No: 9043

Post by DarkPoet »

jamesc76 wrote:
kenkelso wrote:Yes it was easy enough to fit, the van should have the mounting point for the upper fixing behind the rear upper panel. You need to drill or open out a hole for the inertia reel fitting. The belt can come out through the top of the lower trim if you don't want to cut a hole. The other two fixings are the same as for the lap strap.

The belt comes with reasonably clear fitting instructions for a T25

Total fitting time about 1/2 hour.

PM me if you get stuck.

Ken

Piont to note if your van started out as a panel van it wont have those fittings!

Mine was panel van - wasn't too big a job to get them sorted thanks to the help I got on here. Have a look: http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=80129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
********************************************************************************************************************

http://www.rnli.org.uk/how_to_support_us/donate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mybusandme.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;