Child sleeping solutions in an AS high-top

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Lobey
80-90 Mem No: 0

Child sleeping solutions in an AS high-top

Post by Lobey »

Hi there, new to this forum, so firstly greetings all! My wife and I are venturing out in our 1990 2.1i AS Trident baby for the first time since our other baby was born (she's now two). We have a freestanding awning with double sleeping area and the usual AS double bed arrangement. It's a high top, but my wife is convinced that our daughter will face-plant from the top bed (probably right).

Does anyone have any experience of a similar set-up, and any ingenious sleeping solutions? Security of our little 'un is paramount, so we were thinking of putting her in the van and sleeping in the awning ourselves. Might be good though if we could all sleep in the van.

Thoughts, suggestions, musings, etc, welcome.

Thanks!

EarthWormJim
80-90 Mem No: 2885

Re: Child sleeping solutions in an AS high-top

Post by EarthWormJim »

Hi welcome to the club. You could make a safety guard across the front of the top bed. There have been some posts about this in the past you could try doing a search on here for it :ok
1.9DF 4 Speed LPG 1984 tintop
Walking around in the back ground tripping over the bloody cat

Alice
80-90 Mem No: 5904

Post by Alice »

Tomy do a bed guard that with a little messing with is great as a safety thing. Or a cab hammock, we have one from Bluebird and it is brilliant.

EarthWormJim
80-90 Mem No: 2885

Post by EarthWormJim »

I dont know if this thread is any good only quickly looked at it http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... +in+hi+top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1.9DF 4 Speed LPG 1984 tintop
Walking around in the back ground tripping over the bloody cat

andylekker
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by andylekker »

we used a small samsonite travel cot that fits where the passenger see it if you remove the seat, then at about 2 yrs i made a bed on the back parcelshelf - you can get a cot mattress in there up against the back window and i use one of those bookend type things that stop kids falling out of bed to make the front wall of the space. i think i posted about it in the other thread. now she is 4 and will not fit in for much longer - she'll probably go upstairs with her brother.

justicewhittle
80-90 Mem No: 9079

Post by justicewhittle »

Hi we have a hightop autosleeper, our 6 yr old sleeps in the roof and i have removed the sliding part of the roof bed, the ladder replaced holds her in. The 2 yr old sleeps in a bluebird customs hammock above the front seats and we sleep on the lower bed, loads of room for all and why resort to sleeping in the awning thats why you bought the high top. I had an earlybay tintop with an awning and sold it because we ended up having to sleep in the awning bbbrrrrr and you cant go camping in winter. There are loads of ways to sort it, you'll find a way dude. :ok
Dos Degos Mes Amigos