Norway camping advice

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

albertorondm

Norway camping advice

Post by albertorondm »

Hi all.
On July the 10th I'm heading off to Norway to the most northern spot in europe, Norkap, then turning round to head for the most southern spot somewhere in Spain. Don't know what thats called yet. If anybody out there has been to Norkap I'de be most interested in any camping info, places of interest and places to avoid you'de like to share. Any info's good info.
My rout will take me north through Norway from Kristiansands to Norkap then south through Sweden, Denmark, then I'll make it up depending on time.
I'm traveling by motorcycle and tent as I'm not confident enough to take the camper. Maybe next year.
My internet connection is very random as I work in Albania so please don't expect replies straight away.
Cheers Albert

PetenAli
80-90 Mem No: 8569

Re: Norway camping advice

Post by PetenAli »

then turning round to head for the most southern spot somewhere in Spain. Don't know what thats called yet.

Can't help with info on Norway but I think that the most southern spot in Spain is called Tarifa - just west of Algeciras if I recall. Sounds like a great trip - how long have you got for it?
1987 Westy Syncro 2.5 DJ (Courtesy of 025MOTORSPORT)

Syncronaut #171

albertorondm

Post by albertorondm »

I'll pop Tarifa into google and see what happens, thanks. Going to be taking three wk off work so I should have plenty of time, but I'm also going to a bike rally in Faro and need to be there on the 21st. Might have to put the hammer down on accations.

Westy.Club.Joker
80-90 Mem No: 2863
Location: Sunny Lancs. 1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker pop-top

Post by Westy.Club.Joker »

You`ll meet loadsa bikers on the way up so you won`t be alone, I saw plenty of `em when I went to Nordkap in 2006. Can`t recommend any campsites, but they were well signed, also basic cabins to hire as well. Expect problems with the Police if you get caught speeding :( They arn`t tolerant of it at all in Norway.
Keep it real.

Search first - ask second ;>}

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

No drink driving either, I mean none, like not even half a pint...

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

albertorondm

Post by albertorondm »

Blimey, I havn't been on the forum for sum time now with one thing and another, work, stuff breaking down and life as we know it. Thanks for taking time out to post you intrests and experiance.

Due to me being unorganized and a general empty head I got my dates wrong, so I've had to pull the trip foreward a week, didn't go down well at work. Last wk I even got round to looking at a full map of europe. :shock: . Long way init. Only sure of the first 5 days rout which brings me back somewhere in Sweden then I'm going to wing it. Ferry ticket booked, so the only way is forward. Not sure on how much site seeing I'll be doing apart from what I can see from the saddle but I recon it'll give me some ideas for taking the camper and partner over next year. (was that the right way round?)

Anyway, we're off t Wales at the wkend for two week in the camper, can't wait. Lets hope I've ironed out all the little niggles.

Good health, Albertorondm

Mick & Tracey
80-90 Mem No: 3830

Post by Mick & Tracey »

Camped at Nordkapp a few years ago. We'd travelled by bus and didn't realise return bus was next day so spent night in our tent in Nordkapp carpark as the visitor centre closes at night with no shelter anywhere. It was summer but we had a major storm that night - most tents got blown away. Ours was ok and we ended up sharing with a middle aged English guy who had no tent or any form of shelter. It was a rough& cold night BUT Norway is simply awesome. We found that you can camp pretty much anywhere, the scenery is staggering, the roads stunning with sweeping curves, mid night sun,and trolls in every wood.

I hear Maiden are playing Faro this year - sounds like you're going to have a great summer

taigagreen
80-90 Mem No: 9831

Post by taigagreen »

I recommend you take Route 17 (The Coastal Route) between Steinkjer and Bodø, doesnt matter if you are going up or down. And of course Lofoten! Nordkapp is worth visiting but you are going were everyone is going. Senja, Kvaløya and any one of the bigger islands in Finnmark and Troms (two northernmost counties in Norway) are fantastic. AND, if you can make it we have the Arctic Circle Bus Meet 22-24 july at Bjerka, just south of the arctic circle. Have a nice trip :D
Now
88 Westfalia syncro AAZ i/c
91 Caravelle syncro DJ
89 doka syncro DJ
89 Westfalia California JX
84 Reimo Camper 1.9 WBX
90 Caravelle Coach JX
98 Sharan 110hp TDi

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »