Any pics please of interior twin sliding door camper please?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mellymarz

Any pics please of interior twin sliding door camper please?

Post by mellymarz »

Hi
Am in process of restoring t25 camper, has twin sliding doors,have ideas for interior but any info/pics would be greatly appreciated. Have a young family so safety a first, would like to be as minimal as possible but do need some basics, like cooker, fridge & storage. Would like to keep cost down as much as poss-not asking too much really but any help appreciated, thanks! :D Oh am also going for full width rock n roll bed!

famous phil
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Any pics please of interior twin sliding door camper please?

Post by famous phil »

Hi Mellissa, On one of my campers ( Devon Ex wheelchair bus )twin SLD I've Fitted the units down one side from a damaged Autoholmes Kamper ,Meaning I have access to the rear of the fridge and been able to fit over size gas canister venting the fridge exhaust still needs to be sorted ( Vent up B pillar ) but dont use it when sleeping I carry an extra fridge that I set up in the awning ,,,, I also fitted the pop top ( I see your other post ) but later changed it to a Leisuredrive pop top ( Solid sides for safety for when camping in foreign countries ) quite a bit of work to fit a viking roof if its a canter-lever type 5 birth pop ,,,,,, I have a camper booked in in 5 weeks time for a pop top swap full length Devon swap to westy , there's quite a lot of work and best if you have lifting equipment or many strong hands especially if you need to put it down on the floor while you remove the bed setups , I really like the Viking roofs and always said that I would not sell my bay Viking 6 birth until I found a t25 viking ,had one lined up but missed out ,,,, Another twin slider from my collection was sold off last year having kept it in a barn for over 8 years that was fitted with full width rock n roll bed and a single purpose made unit behind each front seat with enough room to walk through and be able to open each sliding door from the inside , with hob in one sink in the other , also had a removable fridge ,, overhead rear cupboard ,,
Late shift tomorrow but need some Zzz

Regards Phil
66 splity deluxe GP mk1, ,3 type 25s 1 with 1.9dt peugeot engine 100+ 1 with 1.9N/A pug eng , there are 7 t25s with pug power in Darlington

dumpy
80-90 Mem No: 3486

Post by dumpy »

I can't get any pics on for some reason, will work on it.

I have a twin slider and a full width r'n'r.

To be honest that doesn't leave a lot of room for owt else.

I prioritised a swivel passenger seat so that diminishes the space further.

Getting to stuff under the bed is annoying, particularly if the bed is up, so i tend to use that for functional stuff, toolbox etc.

Behind the drivers seat I have a box which can take two plastic storage boxes, i put in whatever i'm doing (eg one box for camping, one box for wetsuits, one box for hiking boots etc etc). This unit is only fixed with velcro currently (and has non slip on the bottom), and I take it out to use as a table when camping/need more room.

I have plans for a lower/longer box to go behind the psngr seat so that it can swivel over the top (I have Saab seats in and they are a tad high for my girl!). I was thinking maybe an ammo box from army surplus.

The rock and roll bed I have requires raising the back section, it gives maybe 5-6 inches height, this is enough room for a folding table, jack, towrope etc but not much else.

Are you sure you want to go full width? Having lockers down one side and then putting your 'kitchen' at the front, i think would be ideal, leaving both doors free....

Please let us know what you decide.... :D
1989 Converted Panel Van Tin Top

jake1953
80-90 Mem No: 6196

Post by jake1953 »

I'm thinking of going full width bed for my van conversion(not a twin slider though). Surely a basic fridge and cooker unit will sit against the panel opposite the sliding door and still allow for the full width bed in the bed position?

Auto
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Auto »

Hi this is my bus with a home built interior not a full width bed but it may give you some ideas it has a cooker and the rest is storage we carry a cool box that fits between the front seats when driving thats all we need
cheers phil

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Post by ricicles »

nice job there :ok

plurker
80-90 Mem No: 2359

Post by plurker »

Here's Gina, a home build, stripped out the old interior and started from scratch. Both doors still useable, as is walkthrough. 8)

freestanding cooker unit, folding table.

small cupboard nearside, with tool cupboard behind

main cupboards running along offside, low so as not to obstruct window

Full build/resto in pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/piersmason ... 304695580/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Recon 2.1 DJ, 5spd manual
A 16 year build in 300 pictures  8)

mellymarz

Post by mellymarz »

Thankyou so much for taking the time and posting the pics and information, very much appreciated, some really great interiors, when campervan interior is done will post pics online, thanks again Melissa :D :D :D

RobH
80-90 Mem No: 8671

Post by RobH »

Got my interior delivered from The Camper Shak easy to fit, been looking at where to post pictures.
It's got a sink, holder for a 12v/240v cooler, rear wardrobe and bed cover.

Really great quality and keeps twin sliding functionality.
Cooker is under bed and set up when needed.
'89 Home brew camper, 1.9 petrol twin-slider tin-top