4 night trip around Cornwall

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

andyj

4 night trip around Cornwall

Post by andyj »

Hi guys,

Not posted on here for some time!

My Dad bought an Autohomes T25 last year, and it's had a full respray recently. (pics to come soon!)

The reason why I'm posting, is that I'm looking at borrowing it for a week in September, and going on a 4/5 day trip around Cornwall wife my wife and baby daughter :)

My Dad lives in Devon, so it's an easy start into Cornwall!

I've pencilled out the following itinerary, and what I'm after is recommendations for campsites each night. The only problem is that my wife does not 'do' camping, and needs 'proper' toilet/shower facilities etc!!!! So no 'sleep spots' or 'wild camping' unfortunatley!

Any recommendation will be greatly received!!!!

Thanks,
Andy

Day One

Kingsteignton - Kingsbridge
Kingsbridge - Polperro
Campsite ?????

Day Two

Polperro - St Mawes
St Mawes - The Lizard
Campsite ?????

Day Three

The Lizard - Lamorna Cove
Lamorna - Lands End
Lands End - St Ives
Campsite ?????

Day Four

St Ives - Newquay
Newquay - Padstow
Campsite ?????

Day Five

Padstow - Kingsteignton (via Dartmoor)
andyj

Madwitch
80-90 Mem No: 4329

Re: 4 night trip around Cornwall

Post by Madwitch »

Lands End/Sennen Cover - brilliant Camping & Caravanning Club site at Sennen on top of the cliff. All mod cons. In St Ives, try the Ayr Camp Site - sits on top of the cliff and you can walk into St Ives - quite expensive though. Just outside St Ives on the B3116(?) to Penzance, near the Balnoon Inn there is a camp site about half a mile behind the Inn. Very basic but clean and only a fiver a night.

Newquay - We use Bluehills Camp Site just outside St Agnes (about 8m from Newquay) for the Bashtie. Brilliant site with great facilities (free showers).

Have a great time!
Carolyn

The Witch is in!

Sammerand Hickle
80-90 Mem No: 6776

Post by Sammerand Hickle »

Dennis Cove in Padstow is very good. A few minutes walk to the town centre. it is fully equiped for non campers with toilets, showers and potwash area.

Sammer

Nicky
80-90 Mem No: 3823

Post by Nicky »

Between Looe and Polperro : Westwayland Caravan and Touring park. Very clean and cheap, and friendly owners.

Fox & Hounds Inn between A30 and Tavistock. £6.50 per night, £9 with hook-up. Excellent food and menu varied. Very friendly site.

Hope this helps. :D
MOBS

andyj

Post by andyj »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, kept 'em coming :D
andyj

kooldubs
80-90 Mem No: 5286

Post by kooldubs »

Sennen - Caravan, Camping - Trevedra Farm,

have a look at the website for travedra farm....we stay there every year...you can even walk to sennan cove from the camp site...beautifull views..
the owner Wendy is a lovely woman and nothing is to much for her and her family to accomodate you ...
5286. live life to the full, as it is to short not too.

andisnewsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 3311

Post by andisnewsyncro »

Totally agree about Trevedra Farm, beautiful location & Sennen is lovely (beware the beach cafe though...)

About 20 years ago I would have agreed with Sammer's recommendation for Denis Cove in Padstow, but not now. We stayed there last year and thought it was awful. The facilities are from the '30s, the owners are very much "New Padstow" and really know how to overcharge £22 per night for 2 people in a van - no electric. They offer hook up and hapily take your deposit cheque, but when you get there all the points are in use by some old caravans that are obviously permanent fixtures. Also very precious about their grass and don't like you to come & go from your pitch (It's a field FFS) and have lots of annoyingly silly rules about times for showers etc. We wouldn't go back if you gave us a gold pig. We only stayed one of the 3 nights we'd booked and even didn't mind the fact that we lost the money, it was just good to leave.

If you head towards Harlyn Bay or Trevone Bay, there are some small farm sites which are much nicer, friendlier and about a third of the price.

For your time in St Ives, have a look around Hayle for a site, there are a couple of big caravan places, but there is a small prper camp site tucked on the edge of the town.

I'll try and find out the names for you but the old memory is not what it was.

Andi
What a long strange trip it's been

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Post by Red Westie »

I don't know why the 80-90 crew have never spotted this one, InTravellis between Perenporth & St Agnus, Called Manor Farm, overlooking the sea and a couple of fields to the left of where 80-90 camp, £8.50 with hook up last year, flatter and more spacious than the Bashtie site and has been run by the same family since before the war (now Grandad and Grandson) facilities are basic but clean and well maintained: Tel 01872552238
Martin
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx