Honda Generators

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

thechubbsdub
80-90 Mem No: 6445

Honda Generators

Post by thechubbsdub »

I have been given a Honda EX1000 generator without a manual or any instructions. Does anyone know anything about this model or have any experience of it?
I think it is classed as a suitcase generator but it's not the sort of thing you would want to check in on a Ryanair flight!! and has been superceded by a quiter model. It has two three pin sockets and is petrol driven.
Don't eat yellow snow.

http://www.helpinghandscambodia.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fritz
80-90 Mem No: 380

Re: Honda Generators

Post by Fritz »

Not bad for a freeby,,,,4 stroke side valve engine,holds .8 of a gallon of unleaded fuel, weighs 57lbs out put 1000watts, which will run lights and anything small and electrical but not all at once, may even be fitted with an Oil cut out were engine automatically stops when level is low (can't be sure about that one) A sought after machine even if it isn't as quiet as the newer version.
All parts still available for this machine...

Regards

Fritz,,,,,,,,,,,
One day you will find me,,
Driving in my Camper,
With a Surf and Paisley wrap on both sides....

thechubbsdub

Post by thechubbsdub »

thanks Fritz,
Yes, thats the beast. It was given to me by a friend that does house clearances. He knew I had just bought a T25 and thought it would be useful. It looks to be in reasonable nick and fires up with a bit of pulling.
Don't eat yellow snow.

http://www.helpinghandscambodia.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

Sound little genny that, will run a fan heater on first setting (Not full heat will kill it !)
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

VWlewis
80-90 Mem No: 2852

Post by VWlewis »

Try this link

http://rv.net/Forum/index.cfm/fuseactio ... 291705.cfm

Scroll down to find a link to the manual download.

You might also get some good help from these guys! .. well you know all about forums :D

VW lewis
VW Fan :D Learned to drive in a T2, then drove a T1, later a T4, then a T5 (and a few Audis and Passats)
Now a proud T3 Caravelle GL 2.1 DJ WBX owner: "Dora the Explorer" .. by my reckoning, a T15 Driver!
Dr T15 Speaks!

getunder

Post by getunder »

Bought the EX600 model yonks ago, still have it. Have a Manual somewhere down in the cretaceous layer. Will have delve for it if any key questions need answering.

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

It looks to be in reasonable nick and fires up with a bit of pulling.

Hondas generally start first or second pull, give it a good run to clear old fuel out of the carb and get some oil around it

Check the oil level and dirtiness, gennys generally get ignored

Handy tool

Costco are doing the 2.2 KW suitcase Honda, very flash bit of kit and quiet, but about a £grand
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

thechubbsdub

Post by thechubbsdub »

Thanks everyone. Looks like I have been given a nice bit of kit. I will give it a good going over this weekend and try it out. So far have only had time to pull the handle and make sure it fires up.
Don't eat yellow snow.

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

PS. Hondas always a cracking bit of kit...

But PLEASE be aware there are a LOT of Chinese generators and jetwash units knocking around , with bold Honda stickers and badges on both the motor and alternator parts...

Some are even marked up as 6.5 KV gennys when they are only (& obviously so) 2.2 KW copies of a Honda...

Some will work OK (maybe), some won't work at all and some will be a pain to start (esp. after a year or two weather perishing the perishable rubber parts).

Others are very convincing, but are NOT Hondas, the pattern different, small details nasty, but look at a glance almost identical.

Mostly sold off the back of a lorry, so if a bargain Honda turns up, be very suspicious, and if you can't resists, pay half what is being asked (£100 max for a 2.2KVA, NOT £250), once you have SEEN & HEARD it start & run and plug something like a hairdyer into it, and hear it notice the load.

If the choke lever looks cheap and the labelling of starting instructions (choke on/off) missing or badly worded (or no handbook), then that's a Chonda!

Also, if you buy anything Rolson, then make sure it starts and runs first, though all these units will need a sufficient oil level in crankcase to permit the ignition to work (often the excuse for not demoing a startup)...

That said, there are also some reasonable Chinese units about... just don't fall for the 'exact Honda copy' or 'Honda price' trick...
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

getunder

Post by getunder »

I seem to remember an electrocution hazard and it was advised to earth them when using as they have enough poke to harm you. p.s. don't fill with petrol while running- been there.