WHERE CAN I PUT REAR SPEAKERS

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

komet
80-90 Mem No: 3340

WHERE CAN I PUT REAR SPEAKERS

Post by komet »

i have an 85 autohomes with the on board water tank so can't put them in the rear bench base, i need to find somewhere which will allow decent sized speakers don't have to be 6x9 im open to suggestions

where do you have yours ?????????????????????????????????

missusjen
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by missusjen »

Above your head - in the overhead locker......or in the tailgate - but be careful to mount them high enough so you don't kick/head butt them all night......

"HEY, LOOK AT MY CAR"

I bid you farewell.......for now.......

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

in the tailgate, its space you cant use for anything else... but as Jen said, make sure they are not too kickable, and while you in there insulate the void too.......
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Bendyknees
80-90 Mem No: 2363

Post by Bendyknees »

I built little wooden boxes to house my speakers, they just hang on hooks that i can move around, an in an out of my van dependin on wat im doin. Saves cuttin nasty holes in ya trim too.
Carlsberg dont do campers.......... but if they did they'd build the T25

1984 Hightop wit a 1600N/A smoker

Apollo
80-90 Mem No: 2368

Post by Apollo »

I have a Holdsworth conversion and have just bought some good quality 4" speakers to go in the overhead locker above the rear seat.

Theses will point towards the front of the van and coupled with some larger split mid/tweeter front speakers should sound good.

The thing to remember is to first identify what kind of sound your after, if you want good sound while your driving then most of your sound should be up front i.e. mid and high range sounds. your better off paying more for front speakers if this is your aim. Then it doesn't matter too much what else you have up back, but you should have something to help balance the sound a bit.

If your after some loud tunes for when your parked-up then just whack any old 6x9 wherever they fit, then open your doors and enjoy.

Installs are a very personal thing and change depending on tastes and style of music, although it does'nt need to be complicated.

I personally have not used 6x9's which seem to be the norm, for years the early one's (90's) were loud but not very good sound. I think this was down to the design... round cone's have a free'er movement so i'm told.
But after dozen's of installs I have gravitated toward the basic system I mentioned above, with no need for amps etc, provided your head unit puts out around 4x45W you get a good sounding system and you don't have to sweat every time you leave your bus, thinking someone is going to nick your amps and subs.

If you do get into amps and the like a simple idea that I have used a couple of times and has actually foiled a couple of potential thiefs who broke into my car, is security screws prolly available from Maplin... not totally theft proof but with all my sub boxes and woofers etc fixed with them it made them think twice.

missusjen
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by missusjen »

mocki wrote:in the tailgate, its space you cant use for anything else... but as Jen said, make sure they are not too kickable, and while you in there insulate the void too.......
This is true - and pish easy.....it even accepts full thickness loft insulation blanket stuff.....got to be worth the 2 quid...... :lol:

"HEY, LOOK AT MY CAR"

I bid you farewell.......for now.......

diviy
80-90 Mem No: 1590

Post by diviy »

i got a autohomes as well took out the water tank fed up with it smelling even after using milton in it personally i think the tank is a health hazard
now use it to store loads of things plus i fitted speakers there
number 1590 i think!!!!

Horza
80-90 Mem No: 1123

Post by Horza »

Above your head - in the overhead locker

That's where mine were for ages.

Till I took them out of box and fitted them :lol:
Euan

Economic migrant, cultural extremist and religious bigot.