Engine for my Crewcab

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dickspanner
80-90 Mem No: 4641

Engine for my Crewcab

Post by dickspanner »

Some folks may remember my posts about the adventure of sticking a cosworth V6 in my crewcab. Well its not done yet and I am losing my rag a little with it. It has been fully rebuilt and can not be finished without the rocker cover gaskets. And get this Ford want £380 per side, yep you read correct £380 per gasket. Anybody anycontacts in the Ford Cosworth relm?

The engine is sat on the engine stand at the moment as it has been for the last 3 months.

My post is a simple one, is there anybody on here who has taken a petrol engine out of their T25 to do a transplant who wants to sell me it so I can get my crewcab back on the road to get some use out of it untill I manage to source a set of gaskets with out the need of KY jelly to cool me down afterwards.

I can come and pick it up within reason in my van.

Please PM me as I would like to get it in the van on Sunday if possible as the misses has stamped my pass out for the day and I could collect it and install it in the same day.

Oh and the reason I don't have my old engine, I gave it away when I pulled it out. Doh :roll:

Please PM me with your contact number and I will give you a call.
Crewwy now running a 2.9litre 24V V6 Injection Cosworth motor.Oh the Joy. Happy Happy Joy Joy. Mmmmmmmmm

0 to loud with a big grin

Member number 4641

D I C K Spanner

mr_bricolage
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by mr_bricolage »

Erm a top end gasket set from Burton for this engine is only £138

See here

https://www.burtonpower.com/default.asp ... w%20Gasket
89 T3 Kalifornia with Subaru power

manxman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by manxman »

not sure how complicated the gaskets are that you need but I had to make some of my own from gasket material when i was rebuilding a 1968 outboard motor, didn't cost much and has workred fine ever since.

I know this wont help if they thave bits of rubber and metal in but if its just a straight forward gasket......
Syncro 16" doka 2.1i

dickspanner

Post by dickspanner »

Gaskets are very complicated and my engine builder is not happy about fabricating any.

Burtons do list the part but stopped selling it ages ago. Been down that route. Cosworth in Stockport can't help either. Just need to find someone who for some bizaar reason has one in stock or something.

Cheers for suggestion though.

Dickspanner
Crewwy now running a 2.9litre 24V V6 Injection Cosworth motor.Oh the Joy. Happy Happy Joy Joy. Mmmmmmmmm

Member number 4641

D I C K Spanner

syncrosimon
80-90 Mem No: 3784

Post by syncrosimon »

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:17 pm Post subject: 2.1DJ 112 bhp ENGINE + GEARBOX can be heard running/driven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very sweet running engine from a 1989 South African Microbus.Can be driven or heard in the next few weeks.Being removed for engine/gearbox transplant.All parts from engine bay available,ECU,loom,water pipes,exhaust etc.Is fitted to a 4 speed gearbox from SA factory,gearbox code on request.No PM's.Call or text on 07748927524.Located in Gloucestershire.

From the for sale forum.
Simon.
1991 16" DJ (sold)
2006 Subaru Outback 3.0R
2010 Yamaha Ténéré
2000 KTM LC400

dickspanner

Post by dickspanner »

Sent you a text as your phone is turned off

Dickspanner

Member number 4641

D I C K Spanner

billy739
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1541

hi

Post by billy739 »

will take a look,may have top end gaskets sets lying around,

dickspanner

Post by dickspanner »

That would be fantastic, the burton kit was £138, just gives you an idea of how much ford want to feel me.

My engine builder had everything except these gaskets.

Cheers in advance

Dickspanner

Member number 4641

D I C K Spanner

Danny-Boy
80-90 Mem No: 4047

Post by Danny-Boy »

Did a bit of research at work today, as it happens one of my work collegues`s husband works for ford in Bristol have given her all the info about the gaskets will keep you posted.

Danny

dickspanner

Post by dickspanner »

Cheers, any help is appreciated

Dickspanner

Member number 4641

D I C K Spanner