How many connections are on fuel sender unit?

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Tex Ritter
80-90 Mem No: 1057

How many connections are on fuel sender unit?

Post by Tex Ritter »

Howdy folks, happy new year to all.

My daughter bought me a fuel sender unit as a Xmas prezzie (I think she got it from JK) the male spade terminal seems to be split in to 2 small male terminals, both combined seem to be the same width of 1 normal size connection.

Is the 12v feed going to this terminal and is there an earth connected somewhere. I haven't taken the tank out yet, I'm just getting prepared and wanted to iron out any queries before I get stuck in.

Any help/info greatly appreciated.

1980 2ltr A/C CU engine.

I'VE JUST DISCOVERED THAT THE PART NUMBER OF THE ONE I'VE GOT (J10193) IS FOR THE LATER MODEL T25.

THE ONE I NEED IS PART NUMBER (J10192). I'LL HAVE TO RING THEM AND SORT OUT AN EXCHANGE.

Tex Ritter
If you never have a route planned ...how can you ever be lost?

skell
80-90 Mem No: 1297

Post by skell »

Got no reference info to hand, but wouldn't fuel gauge be driven by change in resistance of fuel gauge sender hence two terminals to create loop between gauge and sender? I remember when I dropped my fuel tank to replace it there was a single plug that fitted whatever connections there are on the sender, don't think the tank would necessary have a good earth to the rest of the van as its covered in underseal....
skell
1984 AAZ twin slider 'velle

tonytech
80-90 Mem No: 477

Post by tonytech »

Haynes shows the sender as having a connection to the guage and a connection to earth (not earthed via tank)

T
There are 10 kinds of people. those who understand Binary and those who dont

Tex Ritter
80-90 Mem No: 1057

Fuel sender prob

Post by Tex Ritter »

Thanks for the replies folks, I've been on to JK and they inform me that I have indeed got the wrong sender for my van type.

I have sent the later type back and await to see if they replace it with the earlier type.

Tex R

Have since dropped tank and found that there is a two terminal connector, the earth one is badly corroded where it connects to the sender top, as is the sender top. So a nice new one will be fitted soon.
If you never have a route planned ...how can you ever be lost?