1982 Type 2 T3 (aka T25) Floppy Door Mirror Problem

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

phade
80-90 Mem No: 3376

1982 Type 2 T3 (aka T25) Floppy Door Mirror Problem

Post by phade »

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to tighten up the "ball joint" part of a door mirror (in the case it's my passenger's side mirror)? My one gets blown towards the door whilat driving.

Thankyou eveyrone for you help in advance.

Ruby
80-90 Mem No: 3525

Post by Ruby »

If you take it off the door you should see a nut with a spring behind it, tighten this up and that should stop it. Careful when removing the two screws that hold it to the door, one of the nuts was free on mine and it dropped into the bottom of the door. :x

Apparently they still fold in over 100MPH, still waiting for a 60MPH wind to test this theory.
and here endeth the thread.
Cos no-one wants to talk to me....thats fine both of me can chat to the rest of us til you realise I've got summat to say

andygti39

Post by andygti39 »

check for the nut being rusty, cause i tried to tighten mine up and the bolt sheared meaning a new mirror :?

Ruby
80-90 Mem No: 3525

Post by Ruby »

andygti39 wrote:check for the nut being rusty, cause i tried to tighten mine up and the bolt sheared meaning a new mirror :?

Tis a good point, a bit of Plus Gas or WD40 works wonders, give it time to work tho.

Be careful with WD40, it claims to be maintenance in a tin, tried it once but I still had to do the plugs and points meself :lol:
and here endeth the thread.
Cos no-one wants to talk to me....thats fine both of me can chat to the rest of us til you realise I've got summat to say

lhd
80-90 Mem No: 1808

Post by lhd »

Usually when that happens its because the plastic has split and the more you tighten it the more it splits...... :wink:
you might be lucky though.
Rob.

"WEAZLECHIN"
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by "WEAZLECHIN" »

dont panic, theyre only a fiver from the shows if all else fails....

phade
80-90 Mem No: 3376

Post by phade »

Hi everyone,

I have now made my passenger door mirror far less floppy now (in fact it's now tighter than the driver's side one), but I haven't been out for a test drive yet. I'll let you all know how it went.

Thankyou everyone for all of your help and suggestions :)