What tyre pressure should I use?

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Locked
User avatar
irishkeet
Trader
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Nov 2005, 13:26
80-90 Mem No: 2322
Location: Suffolk

What tyre pressure should I use?

Post by irishkeet »

Hi

My tyres are 185 R14, looking on the brickyard (http://194.242.159.246/brickyard/info/tyre.htm)
Pressures are F = 3.0 & R = 3.7

These numbers were unavailable @ the petrol station, do I need to convert them.

Van is a T3 (t25) Hightop Joker

Thanks
Irishkeet

User avatar
matt
Registered user
Posts: 7761
Joined: 09 Oct 2005, 18:37
80-90 Mem No: 397
Location: #Derbados

Post by matt »

thats bar, which should be on the gauge
try a diff garage, before clive harry man gets his calculater out
:)

Diamond Hell
Registered user
Posts: 961
Joined: 09 Oct 2005, 17:27
80-90 Mem No: 830

Post by Diamond Hell »

There should be a tyre pressure list on the front door pillar of your van, which gives pressures in PSI and Bar
Diamond Hell
Still Syncro, just much fasterer

User avatar
crazydiamond
R.I.P.
Posts: 606
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 09:45
80-90 Mem No: 173
Location: Kidderminster Worcestershire

Post by crazydiamond »

1 bar = 14.5 PSI
3 bar = 43.5 PSI
3.7 bar = 53.6 PSI
1982 2 litre Aircooled Devon
1988 2.1 Syncro ex ambulance
Member 173 and Syncronaught 10

Blingpanzer
Registered user
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 06:05
80-90 Mem No: 2035
Location: Sandbach, Cheshire

Post by Blingpanzer »

If it helps, I run my Caravelle 7-seater on 185R14C 8PRs at the factory pressures: 36psi front, 48psi rear. The ride's a bit unforgiving, but otherwise no problems.
Blingpanzer
Membership Number 2035
1983 Caravelle DG 5-speed driveway ornament

User avatar
Headley18
Registered user
Posts: 1562
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 13:15
80-90 Mem No: 160
Location: Calleva Atrebartum

Post by Headley18 »

With the weight I carry! I run 40 psi front 50 psi rear :D Handles fine
Pete
Member 160

A Man barely alive

Locked