bloody alternater!!!!

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ROBS T25
80-90 Mem No: 2292

bloody alternater!!!!

Post by ROBS T25 »

hi folks well went to my van yesterday and my battery light was staying on so checked all i could and boiled it down to the alternater so called my mate he was working til 7pm so gave CLWYD AUTOS a call in LLAY, told me to come down they took it of tested everything and it was the regulator changed it put it back on and hey presto sweet as a nut charged me £15 well happy .Anyway is this a sign its on its way? shall i start scaring around for a newbie? or am i just bein paranoid??? cheers ROB
There are 3 kinds of people in this world.......
those who can count and those who cant!!!!!!!

cumbriankeith
80-90 Mem No: 38

Alts

Post by cumbriankeith »

No I wouldn't worry - alts are pretty good at lasting and you have just replaced the one thing that can go (regulator and brushes). Bearings do go, but rarely. If you get the chance to pick up the right spare for 20 or 30 quid then do it for peace of mind - trouble with this philosophy is that you end up with a spare everything and need a warehouse to store it all!
Keith
Membership number 38

ROBS T25
80-90 Mem No: 2292

Post by ROBS T25 »

i no the feeling i got loads of spares but an alternater but you never know keep some hidden from the missus then bring it out wen she aint been in the shed for a while she aint caught me yet :lol: :lol: shouldnt have said that should i!!! thanks keith will pick one up wen i can cheers ROB!!
There are 3 kinds of people in this world.......
those who can count and those who cant!!!!!!!

cumbriankeith
80-90 Mem No: 38

What motor?

Post by cumbriankeith »

Rob - what kind of lump have you got? (not much info in your profile!) - if you have an Aircooled I have a spare spare you could have for a suitable adjustment of beer tokens - let me know
Keith
Membership number 38