Is My Girl Too Old For Wrap Around Bumpers

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mongo
80-90 Mem No: 3081

Is My Girl Too Old For Wrap Around Bumpers

Post by mongo »

Just got JK's catalogue I was looking for a kit for my 1981 very expensive and completely all time cosuming van I was browsing that and also looking at either carat or a projectzwo kit then to my horror the kit in JK's says "only for late models" so heres the big question does anyone know if there are any limitations due to my old bird's age if so what can I get and where's the best place Cheers Mongo

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Post by shepster »

Your best bet is to find some second hand Carravelle/Whitestar/Bluestar etc bumpers and side pods, the side planks are more difficult to come by due to the fact that they were only ever made in LHD but a few people are now making decent ones albeit at a high price (i was quoted £400) then you need them painting. As for fitting unless anyone knows any different all T25's are the same when it comes to bumpers, and the sideplank hangers simply screw/poprivet to the sides anyway.
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.

PEET
80-90 Mem No: 2528

Post by PEET »

Keep it old school - theres loads of old uns upgraded! I Put chrome bumpers on a colour coded eyebrow spolier and round angel eyes headlites with some (hopefully to be fitted soon!) 9" Chrome angel eye spotlights down by the bumpers. Also fitted a Vw chin spoiler and colour coded it, it looks a bit different and also original Vw styled. :D
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!

mongo

Post by mongo »

Thanks all first my baby is left hand drive and second due to fact Im a girlie virgin at this van ownership and a little isolated here in Spain (Billy no mates) I did not understand a word you typed kowtec Im sorry IM stupid and Ive had a few San Miguels SOZ please explain as if you are talking to a 6 year old boy Mongo

PEET

Post by PEET »

If you go to www.brick-yard.co.uk and to the forum finf the bus park page 4 and look up 'this is elly u'll see what i mean, pictures are easier... :D
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!

mongo

Post by mongo »

Thanks kowtec now I understand and by the way the van looks great it now cofuses me wot to do ahhhhhhhhhhh

t25adict
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by t25adict »

there are lots of bit to be had for these in spain as most vans came with big bumpers..
i used to live in barcelona..
missed a set of side sections that i wish i had got..
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough

PEET

Post by PEET »

More reason to stay older if everyones got square lites n big bumpers... :lol:
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!