Wobbly swivel seat is MOT failure

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Stocky

Re: Wobbly swivel seat is MOT failure

Post by Stocky »

I have fixed the problem today using a round plastic 25litre oil drum. I cut the bottom lip off then cut the botton and side out to suit. I got 6 big pads and they fit perfect.

Im up on the deal too, as i got the drum free and it was full with petrol diesel mix (nearly all petrol) i was going to use it to start a fire, but have been using it in the lawn mower and presure washer instead.

Good times.

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Out of idle curiosity, what's to stop all the pads migrating round to one place, or did you leave the old ones in there too? There's more than one way to "fix" a wobbly swivel seat, I suppose.

Stocky

Post by Stocky »

i was going to drill 2 holes in each side of the runner to thread a tie wrap thru, but decided to leave the old ones in.

Cheers for the beers.

syncman1
80-90 Mem No: 7422

Post by syncman1 »

if it aint there ? im afraid that wont work as the vehicle reg doc,s state the seating plan and number! so if the seat is missing then this could also warrant a failure!! like turning up with only one headlamp for example ??

b.b.

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

syncman1 wrote:if it aint there ? im afraid that wont work as the vehicle reg doc,s state the seating plan and number! so if the seat is missing then this could also warrant a failure!! like turning up with only one headlamp for example ??

b.b.

sorry your wrong the only seat that is needed is the drivers seat, tho regs stipulate you must have 2 headlights(unless motorbike!)
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

Wording for seat is " insecure " I deam insecure and loose to be different things.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

I can't believe this was 2 years ago :shock:

I have been getting the odd enquiry about the guide pieces, but we've stopped making them for now as the demand is virtually nil. All my remaining stock now went to the USA earlier in the year, so if you need any try asking Christopher at t3technique.com although I hear that Van Cafe may be in the process of tooling up to make them over there.

Sorry, but they just weren't worth the hassle....

printmonkey
80-90 Mem No: 11456

Post by printmonkey »

silverbullet wrote:I can't believe this was 2 years ago :shock:

I have been getting the odd enquiry about the guide pieces, but we've stopped making them for now as the demand is virtually nil. All my remaining stock now went to the USA earlier in the year, so if you need any try asking Christopher at t3technique.com although I hear that Van Cafe may be in the process of tooling up to make them over there.

Sorry, but they just weren't worth the hassle....

Christopher is out of stock too, I think we will have to wait and see if Van Cafe make some.
US Import Vanagon GL Westfalia (Subaru EJ25)

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

I have recently been approached by another US parts supplier, potentially looking at re-tooling theparts if there's the volume and costs are acceptable.

More info when/if etc.